Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen, Anyone else Dislike?

the biggest letdown for me was the overall lack of quality in the plot.

it was the plot that made the first film so freaking awesome.

This film wasn't bad, still good. Sector 7 dude saved the film for me. I thought everything up till that point (with the exception of the forest optimus scene) was pretty average.

And I found it more cheesy than the first one, but woteva, would still love to see TF3.

Also, I couldn't see wtf was happening when the constructicons during combining. Would've been nice to have at least one long-shot view when combining. Couldn't tell wtf was going into what.

Isabel lucas. hot... reminded me of aliens though...
    Last edited by jgon2098; 24th June 2009 at 08:23 PM.

i hated those 2 robots, we know which ones

brings shame to the name of mudflap

Just got back from hoyts with the misses. I'm sorry, but that sucked ass. Dammit I knew this was gona happen. Prime's lines were terrible throughout. He went from "noble, courageous autobot leader" to "I'm an asskicker, and I just kicked your ass".

Story was owwwww kaaaaay, but nothing special. Just mainly fight scenes and yes - too much unnecessary humour. Jetfire was a cool surprise though.

Overall - Not happy Jan.
    Last edited by canofwhoopass_87; 24th June 2009 at 09:12 PM.

I JUST GOT BACK FROM SEEING IT...if you read my previous post you'll see i hoped it was not boring...it wasnt. I just wish they clarified a few things like was barricade in it/back, blackout or grindor...who was the 3rd fembot...did she survive, what happened to the twins, what happened to soundwave...you know...they could've had a cutscene after the credits to show megatron and starscream flying away. But yea...overall I loved it...its a good movie if you can look past Devastator's huge balls. that wasn't necessary...what the hell was Bay thinking. half of the 'humor' wasnt needed...at the end it looked like ironhide was injured badly...sideswipe rocked, arcee and chromia ruled, erm...yea, the movie was just great.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by shokwave2 View Post
    I think everyone has to remember that this film was made for everyone to enjoy, not just the fans. The average person would see this as an action film with a bit of humour thrown in and will probably walk away satisfied.
    Actually, I found the opposite today... I went with some people who aren't fans and a few of them were honest with me afterwards, and said they were going to walk out because they thought it was cheesy and they were getting bored! The only reason they stayed was because they know I'm a huge TF fan and they didn't want to offend me!! It was quite embarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    Also a surprise that soundwave had the voice of Dr Claw from inspector gadjet which worked well for me sounded mean
    Yay - Frank Welker finally gets a role!

Quote Originally Posted by jgon2098 View Post
    the biggest letdown for me was the overall lack of quality in the plot.
    There was a plot??? Seriously, when you consider the writers got paid $8 million for that it makes you scratch your head! Especially considering they stole ideas from Star Wars, Stargate, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and Cheech & Chong!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide63 View Post
    I just wish they clarified a few things like was barricade in it/back, blackout or grindor...who was the 3rd fembot...did she survive, what happened to the twins, what happened to soundwave...you know...they could've had a cutscene after the credits to show megatron and starscream flying away.
    Bay is notorious for "forgetting" about characters when the action takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Bay is notorious for "forgetting" about characters when the action takes over.
    Barricade...
    Wheelie...
    Soundwave...

hmm good point

I am a bit conflicted...When I came out I thought the movie was ok and I did enjoy it while watching despite horrendously bad comedy and a lot of bad points we discussed as we walked out that has been raised here (Prime's savagery, frantic pace, cringy ideas, Pretender, etc) at the time they didn't bother me as much but as I have been reflecting on the movie during today, I have begun to incline into thinking that the movie wasn't all that good and that perhaps the first movie was better despite also being severely flawed by Bayisms and bad humor.

The first movie had its flaws but it had soul which this movie is lacking..
    Last edited by kup; 24th June 2009 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The first movie had its flaws but it had soul which this movie is lacking..
    YES!
    /agree 100%

A little to the left... a little bit more...

The movie just offered nothing new! I mean, the final battle was exactly like the desert scene in TF1 with Scorponok.

The pacing was off - Bay just jumped from action scene to quiet scene to action to quiet... I mean, why not group them together a bit more?

Forgotten characters... what happened to the Twins? They just stopped being in the film shortly after Devastator merged. And Wheelie just vanished after they went through the check point (Guess he didn't make it through).

Prime's motto "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"... unless you're Demolisher, who he shoots in the face so aggressively at the start.

All this stuff just screams of a director who doesn't give a shit! Screw the characters, screw the plot (was there a plot?) The Fallen just keeps saying he wants revenge... WE KNOW - it's the friggin NAME OF THE FILM!!! Sam has something in his head that everyone wants, which only at first makes him go crazy and do weird shit, before he suddenly acts normal for the rest of the film (yeah, they forgot about that too). That's the plot?

Bay hasn't learnt from the first film... the real stars of the Transformers are (wait for it) the Transformers!! No one cares about Sam's roommate. Or his mother! No one really cares that much about Sam for that matter (although, he is the main human contact). People care about Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Bumblebee... etc... That's why, when Prime dies, it's hard to connect on an emotional level. We simply just haven't gotten to know this character before we can feel sad that he dies!

The cookie scene didn't further the plot/character development!

Sam's roommate was pointless - if you removed his character from the film (including all his dialogue) would we even notice?

Did I really need to see Agent Simmon's arse... (alright, I'll admit that made me laugh - but it's such a cheap laugh, just like all the others in the film)!

Oh yeah... I got very confused when Sam went to Robot Heaven... WTF?
    Last edited by Robzy; 24th June 2009 at 10:28 PM.

I liked Sam going to Robot heaven - It gave some substance and background to the grossly lacking plot and finally adds some needed background to the Movieverse.