Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen, Anyone else Dislike?

Saw it again on imax today with my family. I found it much better this time. I don't know why, probably less hype/expectation, more focused.

Still found it near-impossible to follow the 1on1 fighting scenes. They should've considered slowing the frame rate down. Was more tolerant on the roomate this time but still found him near uesless.

Quote Originally Posted by jgon2098
    Still found it near-impossible to follow the 1on1 fighting scenes.
    Which is what real fights should look like. Much more realistic and enjoyable for me compared to any of those fancy-prancy Modern Wushu crap that comes out of China/Hong Kong.

I once visited the Wong Fei Hong so-called school in Foshan and watched a demonstration there. It was terrible - lots of crowd-pleasing acrobatics that was entertaining to look at, but completely impractical. Realistic fight moves should look messy and chaotic; I once heard a Kung Fu teacher quote Buzz Lightyear in describing what martial arts should be like - it's not flying but falling with style. <--best description ever!

Crap...

More crap...

He's flipping mad!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post

In what ways?
    Contradict was the wrong word. Actually I counted one contradiction and 3 supposed "plot holes" that are explained to anyone with open eyes.

in his first answer he states that there is some yellow robot who he "thinks is Bumblebee. Then for the rest of the article he refers to him as Bumblebee. So does he know it's Bumblebee or he's not sure or is he just being a smart arse?

He complains about Sams hand injury not being explained but you can see when he gets out of the space bridge his hand is all burnt and he is clutching it.

Whats his gripe with Bumblebee being a mute? It was explained in te first movie and yes I am aware that he spoke at the end of that movie but still it is explained in this movie that he is still having voice problems.

Lastly he can't work out why the other Autobots can't get in touch with Sam. Is this guy a 3 year old? Yes it is not explained word for word but it's pretty bloody obvious that Sam is not communicating with the others as he is trying to stay off the radar.

Yes the movie has some plotholes like why use Sams all spark shard to revive Jetfire andnot Optimus and why do Sam and Mikalea run to the autobots in Egypt when the have a Camaro with them but overall it just sounds like this guy is a smart arse and nothing more.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim
    Yes the movie has some plotholes like why use Sams all spark shard to revive Jetfire andnot Optimus
    They needed someone who could read the language of the Primes - it's not certain if Optimus Prime, being of the last generation of Primes, is able to read this incredibly ancient language or not (certainly this wasn't communicated to Sam).

It's not explicit that the good guys realise the shard can revive a dead Transformer ala Megatron, rather than a sleeping one (was that how they referred to Jetfire's state, i can't remember?) And even if they did, they don't strike me as the type of robots that would savage one of their own to revive the leader!

If they just revived Optimus Prime with the shard, it's likely that half the story would be totally different - why would they need Simmons? How would they introduce Jetfire at all, where would the mythology of the matrix come into it etc.

i dont understand all the hoopla about optimus prime wasnt he pretty savage in the 86 animated movie running over and killing quite a few deepticon before the fight with megatron??

btw

i loved the movie and thought it was awesome, was initially shocked at how ineffective devastator was but some1 pointed out to me that he achieved his purpose in the movie and that was to reveal the machine and i am not really a religious person but you could always take in the lesson of david and Goliath as david took out Goliath, with a rail gun .

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    was initially shocked at how ineffective devastator was but some1 pointed out to me that he achieved his purpose in the movie and that was to reveal the machine and i am not really a religious person but you could always take in the lesson of david and Goliath as david took out Goliath, with a rail gun
    I like how Gutsman put it the other day... Devastator was killed by an off-screen cannon! (Lame )

Just came back from seeing it; really disappointing. I didn't walk in expecting The Dark Knight but damn... i'm glad I used a movie voucher and not real currency to get my ticket.

I'm glad I could focus on more of the battle scenes this time as opposed to TF1, and the prime battle was great, but I'm afraid I can't say much else was. The Fallen was laughable (WW The Fallen kthx), Alice was more terminator than pretender, the twins should've been scrapped (was actually happy when i thought devestator took one out... sigh. can't trust a 'con to do anything right), Jetfire was disappointing, the humour was poor... oh I'll stop there. As a movie fan, i'm disappointed. As a TF fan, I'm disappointed.

Very tempted to skip TF3 at the cinema and wait for the DVD instead. Then watch it with finger poised over the fast forward button.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    It's not explicit that the good guys realise the shard can revive a dead Transformer ala Megatron, rather than a sleeping one (was that how they referred to Jetfire's state, i can't remember?) And even if they did, they don't strike me as the type of robots that would savage one of their own to revive the leader!

If they just revived Optimus Prime with the shard, it's likely that half the story would be totally different - why would they need Simmons? How would they introduce Jetfire at all, where would the mythology of the matrix come into it etc.
    I agree. The Fallen (and hence his Decepticons) would have had knowledge about the Allspark Cube that the Autobots didn't have.

Finally saw it....my mind is numb from trying to make sense of the plot. Its a whole new level of Fracked Up. I think the script writers were dropping acid directly into their tear ducts when they devised the plot. Rent it.
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.