Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen, Anyone else Dislike?

Just a quick question who was the blue Autobot at the air base with lightning shooting out of his hands, you only see him in the background there and one at the final fight seen. But he looked awsome when you did get to see him,
    so who was he and what was his purpose in the movie

Was there to fire lightning out of his hands haha

Dunno, I will go see it again on the weekend maybe, on the smaller screen.
    I think with IMAX, its too big to be able to look at all the action, but it was still worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    Just a quick question who was the blue Autobot at the air base with lightning shooting out of his hands, you only see him in the background there and one at the final fight seen. But he looked awsome when you did get to see him,
    Jolt, was purely there to help Prime merge with Jetfires parts (which prime immediately shed post battle, how nice Prime!)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Jolt, and to combine Optimus and Jetfire.

WHere was Bumblebee when Sam and Mikalea were trying to get to op. He drops them off for a bit and then shows up at the Ramapage fight. Incidentally, does Rampage have to make "SPROING" noises as he goes?
    Wasn't that when he was transporting Sam's parents to safety, or was that before?

I was very, very disapointed by ROTF. To quote myself from other sites:

The action was great and so was the animation, but this is something I love deeply - if the film hadn't been Transformers I would have enjoyed it for the pretty pretty lights and explosions. But it was Transformers and it just didn't meet my standards no matter how hard I tried to like it. In the first film I understood they needed some human time because their audience hadn't seen Transformers and needed some into, but Bay promised us more screentime for the 'bots. I was wrong to believe that screentime may have been devoted to, y'know, distinguishing them from one and other. But no, it was watching them be blown up.

Devastator went down too easilly. Megatron wasn't a strong enough character. Bumblebee was underused. Soundwave and Ravage were underused. *Insert every Autobot name here* didn't get enough screentime. The Original Primes weren't all that bright and their plan made no sense.

ALSO; this is probably irrelevent to everything and wtf was Bay thinking when putting it in, but....WHERE DID STARSCREAM GET ALL THOSE SPARKLINGS (Hatchlings?) FROM? Because as much as the fangirl in me would giggle hysterically if it were canon, I doubt he's popping them out by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    And yeah, those generic cons were seriously weak. it looked like "they" couldnt be bothered or ran out of time to making new characters (but no doubt there will be a plethora of toys that didnt make the film!). they died too easy as well.
    A shame when they could have reused the Starscream model X number of times and given us a full Decepticon Air Force. (the names and colours are well established after all, and there's toys of half of them already )

My first thought in the Air base scene was wait who is that? My second thought was, have I seen that toy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayyasha View Post
    ALSO; this is probably irrelevent to everything and wtf was Bay thinking when putting it in, but....WHERE DID STARSCREAM GET ALL THOSE SPARKLINGS (Hatchlings?) FROM? Because as much as the fangirl in me would giggle hysterically if it were canon, I doubt he's popping them out by himself.
    Alice did seem to be a female Decepticon, and Arcee appeared to be a female Autobot(s?) and Optimus Prime was a descendent, and Transformers have "generations" so I guess there must indeed be some sort of reproduction going on...

I liked the movie. That's not to say that I thought it was flawless, but I enjoyed it. It pretty much matched my expectations;
    + It was an action packed "popcorn" flick
    + Michael Bay makes action packed "popcorn" flicks
    + The first TF movie was an action packed "popcorn" flick

My main gripes is the introduction of all these robots who don't transform, like Ravage, the Decepticon that Ravage regurgitates inside the AllSpark shard chamber, Soundwave etc. I'm sorry, I thought this movie was called Transformers. (-_-)

But overall I found it to be an enjoyable movie and I look forward to seeing it for a 3rd time in the cinema and getting it on DVD when it comes out.

Another interesting thing is talking to other people about their feelings about this movie and also when watching it for the 2nd time last night, seeing how other people in the audience reacted. Because we all see things in a different way and we have different tastes. For example:
    + Some people complained about the blurry fight scenes. I love blurry fight scenes. It lends a real air of realisim. Also, they're giant effing robots! Imagine watching people having a street brawl from an ant's POV. One thing I really hate about so-called "martial arts" movies is that the fight choreography is often too clean and pretty... completely unrealistic (I'm looking at you Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon! <waves fist>). Give me gritty realism any day.
    + Some people found the "reefer cookie" joke funny. Some people in the audience last night I was with laughed at it. I didn't think it was funny, but evidently others did. One of my friends loved the scene where Sam's mum crash-tackled the student with the frisbee.
    + People in last night's audience laughed at the joke "there is no tighter shirt, we've checked." - I didn't think it was that funny.
    + I laughed out loud when Leo tasered and later when Simmons tasered him. The audience laughed too.
    + I laughed when Leo told Mikaela that she'd landed on his groin and Simmon's line of "enemy scrotum" - but maybe that's just my obsession with hurting janglies kicking in.
    + I laughed when Leo's roommate said, "The internet is pure truth." I didn't hear anyone else laughing though so maybe I'm the only one who found that funny.

Btw Zaul - Devastator was hit with an experimental rail cannon which appeared to fire some kind of energy expulsion, so it's not a conventional ballistic missile launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    the Decepticon that Ravage regurgitates inside the AllSpark shard chamber,
    I like to think that was movie Buzzsaw (or Laserbeak I suppose).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I like to think that was movie Buzzsaw (or Laserbeak I suppose).
    I thought it acted more like a Dinobot by the way it was on it's back legs, but then it ran like a dog when it escaped. Weird. Loved how Ravage was owning the Naval Base firefight.

Oh yeah, I was thinking of the way it was flying (wasn't it?). Whatever it was it was odd.