Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen, Anyone else Dislike?

I take it you won't be buying the DVD then.

Just wondering what came first, The fallen and his brothers landing on earth and making the Pyramid / weapon to destroy the sun

Or the all spark landing on earth?

The Fallen built the Star Harvester on Earth approximately 6900 years before the arrival of the AllSpark and Megatron.

Here's how I worked it out:
    + The Fallen built the Star Harvester in Egypt in approx. 17000BCE
    + Megatron and the AllSpark was discovered by humans in 1913CE
    + Carbon dating tests indicate that the Cube landed on Earth approx. 12000 years prior to 1913
    + This means that the Cube came to Earth in approx. 10,087BCE (6913 years after 17000BCE).

^^ wow thanks for working that out, i was trying to but maths was never my best subject

I've not been around much lately, BUT I did go and see ROTF, afterwhich I felt I have to post something here to register my dislike, nay, distaste for what was a 2+ hour clusterf**k with unintelligible dialogue and very very crude attempts at comedy.

ROTF was... soul-crushingly disgraceful. Almost makes me want to hide in a hole and declare myself a Go-Bots fan.

I was quite the supporter of Michael Bay for the first movie on the basis of some of his past movies (among them The Rock and Armageddon) that I like, but ROTF has got to be a new low (if not rock bottom).

I got bored watching the movie. Feel ripped off paying $17 for this.. this "movie"
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Orphanstar Guest

Smile

Here's some comments I made on another site. I was also somewhat disappointed. It could have been worse, but it also could have been a lot better.
    • An essentially weak plot; a whole load of side stories and unnecessary characters which one got the impression were there for special effects demo and future toy sales
    • Too much like it was trying to morph into Star Wars – “my apprentice” and cutesy Spielbergish type characters
    • General characterisation was poor. Best were Starscream, Bumblebee and Simmonds.
    • Arcee and Sideswipe awesome – but you hardly saw them. Ditto Scorponok.
    • Ravage was great – and at least had more than a bit part.
    • The twins were ghastly. And the names! At least there was only one of Jar Jar Binks. I know the movies couldn’t be expected to follow G1 by the letter but if there were going to be twins in there at all then it should have been Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, surely. If nothing else I wouldn’t have cringed in my seat.
    • Starscream’s paint job was fabulous. Starscream was fabulous. But where were TC and Skywarp? I can’t believe they brought out the toys and then didn’t put them in the movie
    • The hatchling concept was fascinating. Hatchling is a better word than Sparkling. Interesting to see what the FanFiction world makes of it. Scene with Screamer dragging the dead one around very surreal.
    • Some of the human stuff was embarrassing – ie the pitiful scene where Sam’s Mum gets stoned and where Wheelie ruts Michaela’s leg and she says to Sam “at least he’s faithful.” Please!
    • Sam’s parents come across as goofballs and that was a shame. I couldn’t really work out how they happened to be at the pyramids either
    • Ending inconclusive and too many characters just disappeared
    • Megatron was a shadow of his former self. He had no balls (a topical analogy - the movie makers were obsessed with the latter, apparently)
    • That was clever of Jetfire, knocking up a spacebridge just like that
    • At least we know Transformers do cry actual tears now. I needn’t have bothered with the thread on the subject!
    • Best line in the movie: “Starscream, I’m home!” That kind of made it worthwhile!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orphanstar
    I can’t believe they brought out the toys and then didn’t put them in the movie
    Unlike most other Transformers series, the characters who appear in the movies are developed _before_ the toys. i.e.: they're developed by Paramount as movie characters first, and then HasTak goes and engineers them into toys. All other toys in the movie line that don't appear in the films are toys that Hasbro then goes and makes to offer more toys/make more money, but that's got nothing to do with Paramount with a _few_ exceptions like:
    + Movie 1 Arcee (based on an abandoned concept design)
    + Wreckage (also an abandoned concept design for the first movie)
    + Characters with alt modes from the movie (e.g.: Landmine, Longarm etc.)

The movie Skywarp and Thundercracker toys were developed by Hasbro independent from Paramount. The movies are not like most other TF series which primarily exist to sell HasTak's toys - the movies were made as movies, and HasTak then made toys as merchandise for these movies, like other movie toys (e.g.: Star Wars, Dark Knight, Terminator etc.)

Hatchling is a better word than Sparkling.
    I've never heard of the term "Sparkling" used in Transformers before. But I agree, "Hatchling" does sound better than that. When I hear 'sparkling' I think of white wine or something that glitters.

Some of the human stuff was embarrassing – ie the pitiful scene where Sam’s Mum gets stoned and where Wheelie ruts Michaela’s leg and she says to Sam “at least he’s faithful.” Please!
    +1. The stoned scene was the _worst_ for me. (T_T)

Sam’s parents come across as goofballs and that was a shame. I couldn’t really work out how they happened to be at the pyramids either
    The Constructicons captured them in Paris.

* Best line in the movie: “Starscream, I’m home!” That kind of made it worthwhile!!
    Yeah, not ALL the humour sucked. There were some actual funny moments. Check out the thread about what we do like about RotF here
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 2nd August 2009 at 08:48 PM.

i wanted to walk out, i didnt like it.

maybe coz i had a lot of g1's waiting to be picked up from the post office.

but i wouldnt watch it again at the movies, dvd or tv

Quote Originally Posted by 16364279 View Post
    i wanted to walk out, i didnt like it.

*snip

but i wouldnt watch it again at the movies, dvd or tv
    + 1

I would have to be paid/threatened at gun point to sit through ROTF again.