Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sentimentality and your collection

my gen 2 toys are an eyesore to me. But most of them were my first toys apart from the g1's passed down from my older siblings.

I reckon I can beat you all - I have Transformers Animorphs in my collection. I got them for free from Ben Yee (he was about to throw them out but decided to send them to me instead - yay!). Afterwards I saw Ax/Scorpion on sale for $5 so I bought that. Have kept them ever since and I have no intention of getting rid of them!

Why does that beat everyone and when did this become a competition?

I have some G1s from when I was a kid, well a younger kid, that I don't display because I don't like G1 figures but I would never get rid of, for any amount of money due to sentimentality, namely G1 Prime, Protectobots and all the stuff for Defensor, a handful of more G1 misc bots and some Beast Wars. Anything I've acquired in the last 2 years or whatever is fair game if I need money.
    Last edited by jacksplatt11; 25th June 2009 at 05:01 PM.

North Melbourne-bot...?

If I could only keep one of my TFs it'd be a really hard toss up between G1 Predaking and BW TM2 Megatron. I try not to put too much value on possessions so all the rest I could be rid of if need be and be OK-if-sad with it, but losing either of those 2 would hurt.
    But no, there aren't any I have that I don't like but still couldn't bear to see go.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11
    Why does that beat everyone and when did this become a competition?
    It was tongue-in-cheek. Transformers Animorphs are CRAP and nothing to be proud of owning!

i'll never get rid of my first 2 transformers G1 Grapple and G1 Pipes they are the best of buddies and will NEVER be seperated!! my stunticons i will also keep i worked so hard to save up (took me weeks and weeks) for all of them and then when i finally got them they went everywhere with me i used to even feed Menasor icecream

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    Anything I've acquired in the last 2 years or whatever is fair game if I need money.
    Not that that's gonna be an issue anymore now, is it?

Me personally, I have no such sentimentality to my collection. That's not to say I don't love it. I do. But if tomorrow, I lost it all, it got destroyed in whatever crazy ass accident, had to leave it behind b/c I was relocating, I wouldn't be that sad. Once upon a time I did care. Now, not so much.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Not that that's gonna be an issue anymore now, is it?
    Haha that's still a few months away and I have a sick car now haha

North Melbourne-bot...?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    Haha that's still a few months away and I have a sick car now haha
    Try panadol. Works wonders.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

when i was young, i only bought 2 transformers - G1 Prime and G1 Tantrum
    at that time, i was always in need of money and sold Tantrum away for $5 (imagine how much it cost right from the start when the toy was out)

i didn't pursue transformers till i'm here in Australia, starting with Armada and Energon comics that led to my BT and Cybertron series to be completed first when i have a proper job and the craziness started that led to where i've landed myself now (sort of in a deep shit hole but i'm still happy with my TFs!!!) never ask me to give up....