Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Your Help !

Angry Need Your Help !

Recently i purchased some g1 toys from ebay. I received them and they all turned out to be knockoffs rather than originals (very disappointing). Aswell as being charged $15 U.S more than what was originally agreed for postage. I have taken this up with Paypal and they are currently investigating my issue.

They have replied to me with:

"To continue with the investigation of your complaint, we must request
    documentation to support your claim that the item is not authentic. Please
    obtain a document from an unbiased, third-party, such as a dealer,
    appraiser, or an organization that is qualified in the area of the item in
    question (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as not
    authentic. The document must specifically state how the item received
    differs from an authentic item and must include a detailed explanation of
    how the person evaluating the item determined that it is not authentic. If
    possible, the document should include a serial number, and must be on
    letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the
    business or organization so that PayPal may contact them if necessary. "

I will appreciate all help. i had originally asked the seller if they were genuine from the 1980s and not KO's and he said "they all are except 2". How disgusting.

Thanks team

Yep they are all worthless knockoffs.

Could you please post the original ebay sale item number? It will help with someone assisting you in the dispute as we can argue against the item description.

I am happy to write a letter for you but someone with more weight as a collector would be more credible such as Griffin or Tiby (who has appeared on TV ).

the item is 320380180301 as i am new to this i asked the seller to confirm this and i have forwarded the correspondence to paypal. All help would be appreciated even if i can get a few letters so i can fax them through. It would be appreciated. I have PM'd both moderators and waiting for a further reply.

Quote Originally Posted by 16364279 View Post
    the item is 320380180301 as i am new to this i asked the seller to confirm this and i have forwarded the correspondence to paypal. All help would be appreciated even if i can get a few letters so i can fax them through. It would be appreciated. I have PM'd both moderators and waiting for a further reply.
    Yeah he doesn't specify if they are KO or legit on his item description but despite this, Ebay has a policy on selling counterfeit toys so the seller is still clearly in the wrong and your email reconfirms that.

Like mentioned, I have no 'official' weight as a collector as some others so I am not sure how credible I could be to Paypal but i am happy to write a letter and email it to you.

In the future when you see an auction like this with no one bidding on it - have a good look, as there is probably something not right about it. Always do your research (http://www.tfu.info/1986/Autobot/Defensor/defensor.htm) or ask a question here before bidding.
    Last edited by kup; 25th June 2009 at 01:20 AM.

thanks for the heads up. Ive pm'd u my email address.

Get a GOOD camera and meet up with someone with the toys.... then line them up to show the Copyright info on the original, and lack thereof on the fakes

Oh dear, one look at the pics you attached clearly shows its the KO set. I had them waaaaay back when I couldnt afford the originals just yet and used em as placers..sigh good luck with your paypal dispute.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

cant u tell already ? im going to be sending paypal close ups of the copy right info.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Get a GOOD camera and meet up with someone with the toys.... then line them up to show the Copyright info on the original, and lack thereof on the fakes

Quote Originally Posted by 16364279 View Post
    cant u tell already ? im going to be sending paypal close ups of the copy right info.
    It's clear as rain that they are KO - Look at Hotspot's colors and stickers as well as the too bright green of the Constructicons. Silverbolt is way too bright and you can tell that the plastic is of low quality as its too gloss instead of flat, his gold is also way too shiny and again the stickers give it away.

I will try to get this letter done for you today but if I can't I'll have it done by tomorrow sometime.

BTW: I think the copyright info on these toys also says Hasbro so may not be a good idea to do that.
    Last edited by kup; 25th June 2009 at 01:35 PM.

Email sent.