Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Your Help !

Quote Originally Posted by jgon2098 View Post
    The only legit "third-party, such as a dealer, appraiser, or an organization" that I can think of doing such verification is AFA.

It is actually infact one of their services. However, the costs of doing so makes it pointless when you take into account the return shipping costs.

Third Party Reference for eBay and PayPal Disputes

Can I use AFA as a Third Party Reference in an eBay or PayPal dispute to verify the condition of an item that was purchased?
    Yes, AFA offers condition verification as a third party source to assist buyers in eBay and Paypal disputes.

What are the steps in the condition verification process?
    The item will be reviewed by the Graders with all flaws and/or reasons for refusals noted. This information will be provided on AFA letter head and signed by the proper authorities. Once this is complete, the letter and item will then be shipped back to you.

How long does this process take?
    Because we understand that you will need this information back within a timely fashion, the process will only take 1-2 business days.

How much does this service cost?
    The price for all items submitted under this service is $25.00 plus return shipping and insurance.

Do I need to fill out a submission packet for this service?
    Yes, as we keep track of all items submitted by our customers.
    If only we can ask the party at fault to pay for the AFA expense...

Quote Originally Posted by 16364279 View Post
    they said owners of this site can verify
    Maybe you could have given a polite PM to Griffin and not getting upset at others?

How did this go?

finally resolved it yesterday. The guys in the state from paypal kept giving me stupid excuses and rejecting documentation and automatically closing the case to avoid being wrong. Eventually i got a supervisor to only refund the item cost not including the postage which i also got ripped on and totalled for $50 of the total price. I wasnt happy with that result as it showed that they were realising they were wrong and wanted to negotiate cheaply out of it. I eventually took it up with an executive manager who just reimbursed me out of goodwill.

Paypal will do all it can to not pay out on claims whether its timing or lame excuses. They were very hard to deal with and i hope i never have to go through it again. I only wish i bought it locally as i would of fixed the seller up the old fashioned way or more modernly the western suburbs way.

Kup uve been a tremendous help and i appreciate what u have done, aswell as griffin. But after they started to pick at the combined letter i knew it was enough b.s so i had to take it to the next level even though i was already dealing with someone above the agent's level.

You should be wishing not to have bought it in the first place but congratz on reaching a resolution.

that 2

Only just noticed this thread, good to see you got some sort of resloution eventually, bank or Paypal it's still a painful process to get your money back. I might have to wait up to 3 months for the bank to sort out my hacking problem with my credit card

thats awful, my main issue was the principle that the seller was deceitful and told me lies.

but credit card fraud is a whole new level : /