View Poll Results: How has seeing the movie impacted on the toys you want to buy?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will buy every ROTF Toy!

3 3.95%
  • I will buy a toy of every character that was in ROTF

3 3.95%
  • I will buy a toy of every new character that was in ROTF

0 0%
  • I will buy toys of every new character in ROTF and some that weren't

6 7.89%
  • I will buy toys of some of the characters in ROTF and some that weren't

52 68.42%
  • I will buy toys of characters only if they weren't in ROTF

3 3.95%
  • I still won't buy any ROTF toys

9 11.84%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Toy buying now that you've seen ROTF

Well, I said I would only buy a couple..

Since then the ROTF army has grown to 3 Leaders, 4 Scouts, 9 Deluxe Figures and 4 Voyagers.

I only have Knock Out and Soundwave and I'm not really planning much more past that. Might go pick up a Sideswipe and a Long Haul. However I played the ROTF game yesterday and Breakaway seems pretty cool now that there's a voice for him.

I am buying toys of characters that were in the movie as soon as I see them now as they do seem to be going quickly. So for instance I saw Scalpel yesterday and the Ice Cream Truck twins today and paid full price for them. There were other new Scouts and Deluxes that I want to get too but can wait for a sale for them.

yukitora Guest

i think this toy line is a bit ugly. just like energon. the colours are a bit better, but the design... eeeeewwwwwewewewewwww someones been in the mushroom patch again!

Quote Originally Posted by yukitora View Post
    i think this toy line is a bit ugly. just like energon. the colours are a bit better, but the design... eeeeewwwwwewewewewwww someones been in the mushroom patch again!
    Really, I actualy think there are more winners in this line then the first movie line. There are also one or two loosers who are worse than movie one to though, so maybe it evens out in the end.

I like the movie design because for me it's anice contrast to the classic bright cartoony look of Classics Universe.

But the real reason I came back to this thread is, now that I've almost completed my collection of the ROTF toys I wanted. I've managed to get everyone discounted except.... wouldn't you know it the comedy characters. The Twins in both forms, Wheelie, heck even Scapel, all those wierd looking chararacters are the ones I ended up paying full price for. If that isn't an example of the power of the movie on my tov buying, then I don't know what is.

My remaining ROTF want list:
    + Arcee (Deluxe)
    + Flareup (Deluxe)
    + Grindor (Legends)
    + Scrapper (I have the Legends but I want a Deluxe or Voyager)
    + High Tower (have the Legends but want a Deluxe)
    + Overload (have Legends want Deluxe or Voyager)

I'd also like a toy of Alice, Reedman and Insecticon, but I suspect that they probably will never be made as toys.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    + Arcee (Deluxe)
    + Flareup (Deluxe)
    + Grindor (Legends)

I'd also like a toy of Alice, Reedman and Insecticon, but I suspect that they probably will never be made as toys.
    Didn't Archer at some panel hint it when someone asked if there was going to be toys of human characters? However he could have meant human alliance but he made sound like if it was going to be something weird and although humans in the TF line is somewhat unusual, it isn't weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    + Arcee (Deluxe)
    + Flareup (Deluxe)
    + Grindor (Legends)

I still would like Arcee, as my token fem/bike/bot, (pass on Chromia though) and some more constructicons If they release them. A few of the expanded universe characters look good to. However my aqquisition of Jolt today puts me pretty close to wrapping up my collection of ROTF toys that I've been inspired to collect by the movie.

You'll probably have to source that Alice figure from another line tho.

I really want Deluxe or Voyagers (preferably Deluxe) of all the Constructicons. Having only Demolishor, Rampage, Mixmaster and Long Haul as Deluxe/Voyagers makes me feel like my ROTF Constructicon set is incomplete.