Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: G.I. Joe Rise Of Cobra (Toy sightings)

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The new vehicles feel.... cheap. The 25th vehicles like the HISS Tank are great! I bought the Night Raven but now I'm now having buyers remorse.

With Big W having a sale for 12.88 a figure, I'm grabbing all I can until the sale ends. Shame they're sold out now. No idea when restocks will come...

Default GI Joe rule: I only collect Snake Eyes

I added the 1st Snake Eyes to my collection from the big w $12.88 sale. It's a nice version of SE (the legs were a bit loose... easy fixed). I like it all round; cool glossy black, nice back pack, great weapons... that missile launcher thing is a bit too big, I'm hoping it's something to do with the movie and not because of toy safety laws. Will probably pick up the paris pursuit one as well as the target exclusive one.

If you can get it cheap, pick up the Armored Panther, because it includes Thunderblast, who is basically Resolute Duke but with red hair. Plus its an Armadillo, and even two stonking missile launchers on the side can't break that wonderful design

I wish the not-Scarab was cheaper, because I've been waiting for that ever since the first pictures. Cobra Commander needs a Hummer to drive around in

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    If you can get it cheap, pick up the Armored Panther, because it includes Thunderblast, who is basically Resolute Duke but with red hair. Plus its an Armadillo, and even two stonking missile launchers on the side can't break that wonderful design

I wish the not-Scarab was cheaper, because I've been waiting for that ever since the first pictures. Cobra Commander needs a Hummer to drive around in
    I can't justify the purchase for one figure. It's $26.00 right now with the sale and $35 after the sale. Thunderblast is great but really... is it worth it. The price is a little high considering TRU had the vehicle two packs for $35!

I like the Hummer. It's a quality vehicle unlike the Raven. Plus a faux-25th Motor-Viper is always good. Shame it's a little pricey and nobody seems to be discounting it in my area.

Most of the 25th Anniversary vehicles are just straight repaints with minor mods, I bought a perfectly servicable original Armadillo for $6 at the last collectibles fair. Though I must admit I was very impressed by the Water Mocasion, being a completely new mould that looks just like the original.

Comparatively though I'm not to impressed with these new vehicles, or for that mater the new figures. Even with the sale prices they seem to be more than I payed for my 25th Anniversary Joes, I was hoping to see Joes sold localy for cheaper than waht I got them for online.

I was tempted by the Cobra Hummer, but now I'm thinking I should just buy a Cobra Stinger online instead. Still hoping the Rihno and ice Sabre are decent though.

put out some of the 'july 10 wave figures today. To be honest i dont know GI joe that well, but some of them were the small figures with hang gliders, and one was snake eyes with a motorbike i think. Also got that massive ship thing in stock, the jet one, as well as 12 inch figures of the black and white ninja type guys
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I'm not sure about the head sculpts there. It could just be the pic, But to me they look a bit like 25th aniversary Duke in drag. I will have to see em in real life.
    I'm never going to be able to see these toys as anything but Duke in drag thanks to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    ... To be honest i dont know GI joe that well, but some of them were the small figures with hang gliders, and one was snake eyes with a motorbike i think...
    Yeah these are the target exclusives... or at least the first batch of target exclusives. Apparently Target is the home of ROC GI Joe. Will probably pick up the snake eyes with blue camo pants and motorbike when target has it's sale... depending on ebay prices.

Just as an example;
    12" Snake Eyes/ Storm Shadow @ Aust K-mart on sale $37 (too hot to lay-by!)
    12" Snake Eyes/ Storm Shadow @ USA TRU on sale $12

What's wrong with the new Night Raven (other than its size)? I still have my original, though the starboard landing gear needs to be replaced...
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

The new one actually looks fun to me and I'm very tempted to pick one up from Kmart during the current toy sale.