View Poll Results: What TF size class do you like the most?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legend

0 0%
  • Scout

2 5.41%
  • Activator

0 0%
  • Deluxe

25 67.57%
  • Voyager

8 21.62%
  • Ultra

0 0%
  • Leader

0 0%
  • Supreme

0 0%
  • Mini-con

0 0%
  • Something else entirely

2 5.41%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favourite size class?

...only with a Voyager price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks
    The larger classes are getting worse in terms of quality and value for money in the past few years.
    +1 QFT

As has been repeated over and over again here Deluxe is THE size. I guess there's not much I can say about what makes them great that hasn't been said already here. Scouts to have there place for me and so do well made Voyagers, but I really haven't liked the larger TF sizes since Beast Wars, If I'm going to get a big TF I'd rather get a Masterpiece or a Binaltech they somehow feel more worthwhile to me.

Depends on the character...for RotF Scouts 'cos they're chock-full of tiny goodness.
    Lugnut should have been Leader class dammit.

Scout/Basic. While it's a neglected size, I feel that Hasbro knows how to do that size best. Deluxe is a close second.

Anything larger is loaded with often poor gimmicks and (in Australia, at least), usually overpriced.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I love the deluxe class but I'm fond of bigger toys as I kinda feel good when I have my hands full.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Lugnut should have been Leader class dammit.
    +1! Hear out this fancry Hasbro!
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

I've yet to come across one Leader Class toy that I thought was worth $100, which is the RRP for that price point. I know that most of us wait to get these toys on sale, but who here thinks that they're worth paying full price for?

Scouts and Deluxes on the other hand I'll happily pay full price for.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've yet to come across one Leader Class toy that I thought was worth $100, which is the RRP for that price point. I know that most of us wait to get these toys on sale, but who here thinks that they're worth paying full price for?

Scouts and Deluxes on the other hand I'll happily pay full price for.
    *puts hands up* i dont care how much as long as i get it rather than fighting for it from the little kiddies and had a hard time looking for it later on the sale. but if i can get it cheaper why not

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...only with a Voyager price tag.

Does that make Animated Lockdown an Ultra at a Deluxe price?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Wheel-J View Post
    I love the deluxe class but I'm fond of bigger toys as I kinda feel good when I have my hands full.

+1! Hear out this fancry Hasbro!
    Same here. This is why I prefer the bigger toys.

I agree with many others that the deluxe's transformations seem more complex, but it just feels so flimsy in my hands.

Alternators and binaltech are the better balanced ones. Not too big or small, highly poseable and complex enough to make transforming satisfying. Although price isn't very attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon_Optics
    *puts hands up* i dont care how much as long as i get it rather than fighting for it from the little kiddies and had a hard time looking for it later on the sale.
    Yeah, that's why I paid full price for my TF1 movie Megatron, but I still don't think that the toy itself is worth the $100 that I paid, whereas I do feel that I get more value for my dollar with a $30 Deluxe. The problem with hunting is that it consumes time and often money for transportation (commuting or driving around), so sometimes getting something on sale is negated when you think about the time and transportation-cost you used spending extra weeks or months hunting for an elusive toy. Having said that, most Leaders aren't elusive - being big and expensive they will sit around on a shelf for longer. If I see an elusive carded toy and it's a bit more expensive, then I'm more likely to grab it. But there's a limit to this... I grabbed Universe Galvatron when I saw him for $35 - paid an extra $5 because I'd already been hunting for this toy for ages. When I was looking for Animated Swindle, I found him first at Myer for $40 -- passed it. No way I'd pay that for a freakin' Deluxe. Eventually got him for $30 at Target a month or so later.