Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26364142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: July Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Hmm the paint scheme for Grindor looks nice in your pics Dealer. The paint apps in bot mode highlights the robot really well.

I'm still hesitant on getting a third redeco of this mold mainly to the malfunctioning broken auto-morph. Is it still the case with Grindor or for those that have him... Whirl.
    The automorph feature has not been fixed with Grindor - you still have to pull the leg assembly back (when bringing it down) at just the right angle if you want to see the cockpit rotate around to form the robot chest/head. Overall the build quality of my Grindor is actually worse than my 2007 movie Blackout. His plastic somehow seems more brittle and his right arm is incredibly loose at the shoulder (pops off every 2 seconds).

Like movie Starscream I think this toy also really needed a new mould for ROTF to fix the issues it has. Problems aside I really do enjoy the look of both robot and alt modes and the bulk of the transformation is quite fun despite its simplicity in design. He's not for everyone but if you're like me and want to complete the movie cast with a great looking toy the good makes up for the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Got me Scalpel, man what a dissapointment, great altmode, but that bot mode sucks, annoying to stand and about half the ball joint sockets have cracks in them!
    He's really not that hard to stand if you've transformed him correctly. Just be patient and take the time to position his legs correctly. I think Hasbro did a tremendous job at making his bot mode balance so well despite his awkward frame! 10/10 for me.
    Last edited by Doubledealer; 26th July 2009 at 08:42 AM.

got myself long haul yesterday at stanhope gardens kmart... finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    He's really not that hard to stand if you've transformed him correctly. Just be patient and take the time to position his legs correctly. I think Hasbro did a tremendous job at making his bot mode balance so well despite his awkward frame! 10/10 for me.
    I really like mine too.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...&postcount=892

But like Stompy mentioned, one of mine's ball joint sockets also has a crack. :/

Picked these up yesterday:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

something i didnt have to wait for postage as i could grabbed it from the shops today

Quote Originally Posted by 16364279 View Post
    something i didnt have to wait for postage as i could grabbed it from the shops today
    Let's ride it over to the other side of the stage!

yeh right lol

Got my movie Wreckage in the post today and now that I see how awesome this mold is I am really considering paying the insane TRU price for the Whirl/Bludgeon 2 pack.
    Soundwave superior. All others inferior!

Price matched long haul

Picked up Legends Sideswipe & Megatron. The Legends drought is breaking! (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister