• Will use reprolabels to replace lost/ damaged labels but prefer not to

10 66.67%
  • Use reprolabels to save money

0 0%
  • Prefer reprolabels

3 20.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Reprolabels

Just wondering in your opinion does adding repolabels add value to a toy or de-value it?
    Just wondering because I have been thinking about using repolabels on my fort max so that he is perfect but I’m half for it and half against it and would just like some opinions

I couldn't tell you, if the toy itself was good and the stickers were degraded to the point that it made the toy look crap then vamping it up with Reprolabels wouldn't be an issue for me, there are G1 purists out there that might chuck a bit of a wobbly about this but not many I would think

I'm a vintage G1 purist but I don't mind buying a revamped G1 original with minty fresh repro labels - but I won't go out and buy those sheets myself.

Having said that, I believe these labels do add value to a figure (especially fort max). I mean, if you think about it, comparing two mint figures; one with brand new stickers and the other without - I'd say most people would choose the one that looks more appealing on display.

Though like orion said, this may put off a few g1 collectors who despise repro in any form.

Reprolabel prices sorta suck as well. I got my stickerless complete metroplex for $50, but I'm not gona pay another $26US for those labels.

So at the end of the day - I'd say value can be increased, but only if the price is right for the figure you're upgrading.

[edit] I've also noticed repro stickers can be cheaper on ebay

I know this is a reprolabels thread but has anyone else used http://www.tfstickers.com? They're Canadian but both times I've ordered off them the stickers arrived in just under a week. Especially good for individual combiner bot stickers!

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    I know this is a reprolabels thread but has anyone else used http://www.tfstickers.com? They're Canadian but both times I've ordered off them the stickers arrived in just under a week. Especially good for individual combiner bot stickers!
    hmmm just within a week delivery and its canadian... hmmmm
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Do they even come with the stickers that were factory applied on the originals, or is this a mimic of the sticker sheets?

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    hmmm just within a week delivery and its canadian... hmmmm
    In my experience ordering from Canadian businesses like tfstickers.com or http://videogamesplus.ca/ results in the items being received in a week, but if you order something from an individual on ebay...You'll be waiting an eternity!

I have ordered from them. The items were sent quick enough, however:

- Some of the labels for G1 Scorponok were scratched and some of the labels were faded.

- The Jetfire stickers I got were not cut properly, and scratched easily.

Has anyone else dels with them, as i bought some repo lables for my Black Zarak and Fortress Maximus, the Black Zarak were fine but the fortress ones won't stick properly. I apply them and a few hours later they are peeling and falling off so thought i would try somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    Has anyone else dels with them, as i bought some repo lables for my Black Zarak and Fortress Maximus, the Black Zarak were fine but the fortress ones won't stick properly. I apply them and a few hours later they are peeling and falling off so thought i would try somewhere else
    Their sticker quality has certainly dropped - The stickers are now too thick to properly stick in curbed surfaces. I don't know when this started but the stickers are no where near as good as they were a few months ago.

I bought Pretender Starscream stickers and they kept peeling so I had to add glue paste. A shame really since I had reprolabels in very high esteem but unfortunately they are the only option for stickers.