Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: *SPOILERS* Freedom is the right of all sentient beings...

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    My 2c: it's a film built around giant explosions and little plot. Sadly, the Transformers mythos seen in this film is only there to support the summer film, which will be quickly forgotten by the majority of those who see it. The charcterisation is messy and sporadic because there's no distinct need for proper characterisation of the alien robots. I'm not saying I'm happy about it, but I've accepted it and moved on.
    This. It was very much just a framework for the explosions.

better yet - cassette tapes!! Raindance and Grandslam stored incredible amounts of information about the Underbase! Although Optimus Prime's entire consciousness was once stored on a floppy disk!

Then there was "The Ultimate Doom" which showed the Cybertronians storing data on the super-futuristic technology of laser disc. =)

It's fun watching scifi get dated. (^_^)

I actuall had no problem with Optimus Prime cutting heads off in battles but did feel a little uncomfortable of how they protrayed his execution of Demolisher in Shanghai. (He did tell Demolisher to stop/stand down initially on the highway though.) But when he sacrificed himself for Sam in the forest battle and told Sam to run with his dying breath, he was the Optimus Prime that I remembered and loved. Even though I knew they would bring him back to life I did feel like crying...

I also had no problem of Bumblebee ripping the spine out of Ravage (sorry all you Ravage fans out there... )
    Last edited by Kyle; 6th July 2009 at 11:54 AM.

i think the highlight's of the movie were the decepticon dismemberment scenes, remember the only good con is a dead con

to be fair what were demolisher and sideways up too, b4 nest and the autobots came along they must have been up to something to warrent their attention.

"to be fair what were demolisher and sideways up too, b4 nest and the autobots came along they must have been up to something to warrent their attention."

Probably street racing. You know those hoon decepticons
    "Ding-a-ling, come out and get yo ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass-whoopin" - Skids and Mudflap

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Seriously, how much did he and the writers get paid for this again?
    The "writers" got paid $8 million for this... uh, "story"! Yes... $8 MILLION!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I was saying the same thing to LCZ128 today, why is it up to "your president"? How about the United Nations or something.
    Yeah, this really p!ssed me orf when I was watching the film. I was so tempted to yell out at the screen - "Who cares what the US President thinks, you idiots?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    But only maybe 1% of people that see the movie will ever read that comic. Of the people on this board maybe only 50% will ever read the comic. In the context of the movie there's no indication of this, just that the Autobots have been hunting down Decepticons for the past two years
    100% Perfect!

Films should stand alone by themselves! Is Bay expecting people to go out and read a comic book to explain what the hell is going on in his film???

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    My 2c: it's a film built around giant explosions and little plot.
    So true... I'm utterly appalled by the "story-telling" in this film (or lack of)!!

Now lets think about this for a minute. At the end of the first movie Optimus sends an invite to other Autobots to come to Earth. These Decepticons were not invited. Even if they aren't doing anything then they are still tresspassing. Maybe they need a big sign hanging from a satelitte in space "Tresspassers will be shot!"

Also it's like I've seen in numerous Law and Order episodes. Why did they run when the authorities show up? Jerry Orbach used to ask it all the time "If you didn't do anything wrong then why did you run when you saw us?"
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Now lets think about this for a minute. At the end of the first movie Optimus sends an invite to other Autobots to come to Earth. These Decepticons were not invited. Even if they aren't doing anything then they are still tresspassing. Maybe they need a big sign hanging from a satelitte in space "Tresspassers will be shot!"

Also it's like I've seen in numerous Law and Order episodes. Why did they run when the authorities show up? Jerry Orbach used to ask it all the time "If you didn't do anything wrong then why did you run when you saw us?"
    Trouble is, as the liaison reminded everyone, this is not the Autobots' planet to invite people to (which Demolishor also comments on).

I reread Sideways's bio and he is basically scared and looking to Demolishor for protection. It could be said that Demolishor was leading the Autobot Death Squad away from his protectorate.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

The movie explains that the decision to allow Optimus Prime to invite more Autobots to Earth was vetted by the military.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim
    Indeed - there is the option to peacefully surrender. Instead they flee, and in Demolishor's case, also attacked soldiers, killing a number of them.

Another great quote re. running I remember - not from where, sadly, could even have been one of the Bad Boys films - is.
    "I didn't do nuthin' man!"
    "So why were you running?"
    "You were chasing me!"

If someone kills my supreme leader and a whole bunch of my allies and then shows up looking for me, I'm running too.