Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Price Matching Policies for Australian Store Chains that stock Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    My sister-in-law tried to get TRU to price match Big W today and they refused to do so even with a catalogue. According to the store manager they only match when the item is in their catalogue as well.
    yeah that gets claimed alot

if you want a toy that bad, buy it.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by nettie! View Post
    you are better off buying a jetfire and fallen from target, buying a leader and voyager from bigw/kmart and refunding said leader and voyager at a target with the target receipt - therefore getting your jetfire and fallen for the bigw/kmart sale price.
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but are there any issues with different barcodes or anything? I mean, will they accept a Prime refunded at Target with a Jetfire code?

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but are there any issues with different barcodes or anything? I mean, will they accept a Prime refunded at Target with a Jetfire code?
    Big W and Target both use SKU codes that are generic for all individual classes eg deluxes or leaders etc on their receipts where as kmart have the actual barcode APN on its receipts. Thus taking Leader prime from Big W to target and using the Jetfire receipt will work. It did for me

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    Big W and Target both use SKU codes that are generic for all individual classes eg deluxes or leaders etc on their receipts where as kmart have the actual barcode APN on its receipts. Thus taking Leader prime from Big W to target and using the Jetfire receipt will work. It did for me
    it is actually the keycodes that are recorded
    and kmart is the only one to use line descriptions ie Leader Prime
    whereas bigw and target simply say Leader
    iykwim

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    My sister-in-law tried to get TRU to price match Big W today and they refused to do so even with a catalogue. According to the store manager they only match when the item is in their catalogue as well.
    Get the current TRU catalogue, as it has on pages 3, 7, and 9, a banner stating 'Our Price Guarantee! If you find a stocked item currently advertised elsewhere for less, just tell us and we'll match the price. We promise.'
    Sounds pretty black and white to me, that they only need proof it is advertised elsewhere (the current catalogue of the competitor), and that TRU only need to have it in stock, so should price match without any additional requirements, as there were no conditions or asterisks next to that statement. So just make sure you have a TRU catalogue that states that price-guarantee, and have it on hand any time they refuse to do a straight forward price-match to a competitor's catalogue.

David Jones (as of July 21, 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Toys R Us (has the best policy at the moment)
    - Will match advertised prices in catalogues, so all you need to do is bring in the catalogue (it doesn't even need to be instock at the other store, because they often don't ring them up). Update - as of their July Catalogue, it states that they only require a competitor's catalogue to price-match to any item they have in stock (but have a catalogue on hand that states it, to force them to honour it).
    FYI,
    I just tried to get Toys r us in Perth to price match with Target's sale catalogue last thursday night. Three girls stood there saying to me that they can only price match with the exact item pictured so since ROTF Voyager class Starscream (in TRU stock) does not look anything like ROTF Voyager prime (pictured in Target Catalogue) they couldnt do anything about it. i tried to argue the point that the sale is for across the entire Voyager range but they kept insisting that it must be the exact pictured item. That should teach me for trying to buy ROTF toys.

Way too much effort for this stuff hey.

That's stupid of them. I've never had a problem with them matching a size-class, because the people at my nearest TRU actually know how to read, so they don't have to just go by matching photos...

Bit of an update on Toyworld. When meeting up with sleeve a week ago, we asked the Toyworld in the CBD if they had a price-matching policy, and surprisingly, they do have one. It was a bit restrictive though, and may not be something every Toyworld does. Basically, they would match a competitor's 'catalogue sale' price, but only on the first day of the sale, and they would still need to check if it is in stock. She said they only match on their competitor's first sale day, because they assume that they sell out within the first day, and don't want to waste time ringing up stores just to be told they don't have any stock left.
    A bit of a lazy policy, but I guess it is an option.