Thread: rotf rampage

Default rotf rampage

so in the movie there is a yellow bulldozer chasing sam and mikaela. Is this called rampage in the movie? because then theres a red rampage who is named by starscream

The yellow robot appears to be a different Transformer, one that doesn't yet have a toy. He attacks Sam with what appears to be a wrecking ball, not a "whip" like Rampage has.

Hey, Botcon Party at Paramount-goers, was Rampage red or yellow in the footage we saw there? I think I remember he was yellow. I recall Sleeve, who didn't see the same footage, commenting that in one trailer Rampage was yellow and in a later trailer he was red and I didn't want to say anything spoilery about what we'd seen.

The yellow robot chasing Sam and Mikaela isn't Rampage, assuming you mean this guy:

Most fans believe that's scrapper, the other bulldozer.

The only Rampage I noticed in the movie was red. I suspect they made him red as a yellow on yellow fight would've been a bit tough to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The yellow robot appears to be a different Transformer, one that doesn't yet have a toy. He attacks Sam with what appears to be a wrecking ball, not a "whip" like Rampage has.

Hey, Botcon Party at Paramount-goers, was Rampage red or yellow in the footage we saw there? I think I remember he was yellow. I recall Sleeve, who didn't see the same footage, commenting that in one trailer Rampage was yellow and in a later trailer he was red and I didn't want to say anything spoilery about what we'd seen.
    You're close with that one, Paulbot. It wasn't that he was yellow in one trailer and red in a later one, it was he was red to begin with and I suspected he would be changed to yellow later on to match the toy.

Bay came out and said after the release of the first two trailers (Superbowl and follow-up) that a lot of renders used even in the trailers had not been completed, hence in the second one we see Simmons running along the pyramid all by himself, then the another trailer we see the same scene but now Devastator is climbing the pyramid. Another example is when The Fallen teleports in and knocks all the human soldiers to the ground, one trailer added the Autobots and had them fall over also, as it happens in the film. Because of these comments, I suspected the red Rampage used in the trailers was simply an unfinished render, however we now know that was not true.

As to the Decepticon with the wrecking-ball whip, I've thought since first seeing that trailer and then the film is that is Scrapper, as jaydisc said. Here's the concept art that surfaced back in May.

Last edited by Sleeve; 5th July 2009 at 09:15 PM.