Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 240

Thread: TFs Q/C problems archive (already damaged in the packaging)

  1. #21
    Join Date
    29th Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    BLAH BLAH BLAH
    There's a reason why Hasbro is rich,

    Mr Burns: RICH AS NAZIS!*

    *(This is in reference to the episode of the Simpsons where Mr Burns says that very line. I don't mean to suggest that Hasbro are Nazis. I am also clearly taking the piss here.)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    28th Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    7,928

    Default

    Can anyone state with certainty whether or not Hasbro and Takara use the same manufacturers or facilities? Obviously, they request different paint jobs, but does anyone have any decently sourced information as to how or where their processes differ?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    ... That sounds great, but me no speaky Japanese :|

    uhm... I just loaded the pages and was boggled by the lovely kanji etc :b



    Actually, it's pretty ... obvious when you look at it XD *refers to pic*
    yeah its very obvious and i did just check the pic of my Henkei Prime.
    sorry i didn't notice.... wasn't even aware that there'll be paintjob problems

    STL, you know i just collect and deliver the toys...so i didn't even notice it until lcz said so

    Mel, are you still able to dispute with your ebay seller??

  4. #24
    Join Date
    28th Dec 2007
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    14,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    There's a reason why Hasbro is rich,

    Mr Burns: RICH AS NAZIS!*

    *(This is in reference to the episode of the Simpsons where Mr Burns says that very line. I don't mean to suggest that Hasbro are Nazis. I am also clearly taking the piss here.)
    Yeah it makes them rich but does it make it right?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    2nd Jan 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    4) Latest and most shocking offense. Just recently got a Henkei Convoy through JuzMel (Thanks for passing it to ice, btw ) and I hadn't taken it out of his plastic bag that ice passed to me until last night, but only today did I notice that his abs (the faux-grille) is completely unpainted. It's just the red plastic. And this was the one I intended to leave MISB, too! WHUT THE!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Mel, are you still able to dispute with your ebay seller??
    Eeks! Really? Sorry about that! I didn't even notice! *worried look on face* Now I need to go back and check my figures. Yours came from RK while mine came from ebay because I hastily bought Henkei Prime from ebay when I saw that RK ran out of the Henkei Set of 6 figures packaged for US$120.99. Then when they restocked the next day, I bought the set again which left me with an extra Prime. And because I got the ebay one earlier and opened it, I thought I'll let you have the MISB one from RK.

    P.S That answers your question bro...

    My Classics and Henkei are mostly all still MISB. I only opened some of the Encores and so far for mine, I was only unhappy with Ratchet and Ironhide because in vehicle mode their connecting pieces had way too much space between them.
    Last edited by JuzMel; 15th September 2008 at 11:21 AM.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,743

    Default

    ahh so that is from RK..well, prob be more aware of the reproductions or future re-releases that have problems. no worries..i was just asking

  7. #27
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    35,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    There's a reason why Hasbro is rich,

    Mr Burns: RICH AS NAZIS!*

    *(This is in reference to the episode of the Simpsons where Mr Burns says that very line. I don't mean to suggest that Hasbro are Nazis. I am also clearly taking the piss here.)
    Yeah it makes them rich but does it make it right?
    I thought that was FFN's point of comparing Hasbro to Nazis - i.e.: wealth built on dubious practice.

    Actually, I think Hasbro are a lot more like Microsoft - they swallow their competitors in an attempt to establish market dominance!

    Facts:

    1/ Hasbro is the 2nd largest toy maker in the world (second only to Mattel).

    2/ Like Microsoft, Hasbro has assimilated the following companies:
    + Milton Bradley
    + Avalon Hill
    + Wizards of the Coast
    + Infogrames
    + Claster Television
    + Coleco
    + Galoob
    + Kenner
    + Maisto
    + Parker Brothers
    + PlaySkool
    + Selchow and Righter
    + Tiger Electronics
    + Tonka
    + Wrebbit
    + Cranium Inc.

    <-- Hasbro logo laughing all the way to the bank

  8. #28
    Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive
    Join Date
    18th Jan 2008
    Location
    at one with the matrix...
    Posts
    3,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Can anyone state with certainty whether or not Hasbro and Takara use the same manufacturers or facilities? Obviously, they request different paint jobs, but does anyone have any decently sourced information as to how or where their processes differ?
    I'm guessing the only way we'd answer these questions is by asking the employees who steal figures & bung 'em on Ebay...

  9. #29
    Join Date
    28th Dec 2007
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    14,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    I'm guessing the only way we'd answer these questions is by asking the employees who steal figures & bung 'em on Ebay...
    Strangely enough, we don't get many stolen Takara figures just Hasbro's.

    Thy usually steal Botcon figures and the like too but you never see stolen ehobby exclusives and the like which are equally as valuable and also in demand.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    35,883

    Default

    Maybe because most Japanese collectors would refuse to buy stolen goods? *shrug*

    I think that if more collectors refused to purchases these stolen factory goods then people would be less inclined to steal them in the first place. Laws of demand and supply really.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •