Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Paint and airbrushing tips and advice

I've seen American sites refer to Future Floor Polish but I haven't found any in WA. I use Tamiya's flat clear spray for my work.
    I don't know if it adds protection but it 'levels out' the differing shininess of the paints used and generally makes them look nicer. Plus it can take some of the stickiness away.
    I get mine from hobby shops. I have seen Bunnings stock gloss and semi-gloss clear sprays but haven't tried them.

Hope that helps.

A top coat is definitely advisable if you want to protect your paintwork, just use Tamiya clear coat, matte and/or gloss. It comes in a spray can for quick and easy application.

Something I saw in a video that I've tried is flushing my airbrush with warm water between colorvswaos, it seems to help clean it out a bit better than cold water
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    I've seen American sites refer to Future Floor Polish but I haven't found any in WA. I use Tamiya's flat clear spray for my work.
    I don't know if it adds protection but it 'levels out' the differing shininess of the paints used and generally makes them look nicer. Plus it can take some of the stickiness away.
    I get mine from hobby shops. I have seen Bunnings stock gloss and semi-gloss clear sprays but haven't tried them.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    A top coat is definitely advisable if you want to protect your paintwork, just use Tamiya clear coat, matte and/or gloss. It comes in a spray can for quick and easy application.
    Thanks for the advice. Will look into getting Tamiya brand coats.

Aldi has their airbrush kit in the new catalogue. I have one of these and it is really good.
    https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-b...pressor-kit-3/

The Aldi kit has the filter but no tank. Bunnings has the Ozito version of the kit with the tank but I don't think the filter for around the same price on special.

I just bought one for the filter. Runs ok, small cheap compressor.

A year or 2 ago my brother gave me his airbrush kit. He told me the needle needs replacing but doesn’t remember what size as it’s been years since he used it. It’s an Iwata HP-C Plus. Can anyone point me in the direction of a replacement needle for it? Not knowing the lingo makes it hard to work out what I need to buy.

Also, as I’m o my starting out with PLA+ on my printer, what should I buy to paint it with?

Thanks.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I think that is the same model that I have. I got a spare needle and a cleaning kit from a mob in Adelaide. I will have a look in the garage tomorrow and let you know where I got it or if not what you need to ask for.

That's a nice solid airbrush. These are the parts you might need. Ideally they should be paired but if the nozzle is fine and not cracked it should be ok with just replacing the needle.

For paint Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics are relatively safe and spray nicely.