Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Paint and airbrushing tips and advice

Looks like an interesting product. Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    A number of mini painters are starting to recommend using acrylic inks from Daler Rowney and Liquitex, apparently white ink works better than white acrylic paint

I picked up a bottle of white from Daler Rowney white, flows nicely but it pooled on the figure's surface. So it could be one of 3 things, air pressure (which I can't control because I'm using an electric compressor) the primer or the primed surface being greasy from handling.
    Maybe the ink is too thin, or you’re laying it down too thick? Try finer thinner layers, that might help.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I can't adjust the air pressure on my compressor also, so I open the valve on the moisture trap to adjust it there, plus I have the Mr Drain and dust catcher attachment to also adjust it and serve as a moisture trap.

I did some airbrushing on the weekend and had an initial moment of paint pooling. Figured it was a remnant of the airbrush cleaner which I used to do an initial run through but didn?t clear thoroughly.

For what its worth I mix 1:2 ratio of Tamiya acrylic with Tamiya enamel thinner, with the compressor about 20-25 psi.

I went to airbrush on the weekend. My mask was covered in dust from sanding so I took out the dust filters and hosed it off. When I went to put the paint filters in I realised the hose had blown off one of the rubber disks that seal when you breath out. Have to try and find where I can get replacements. Swearing ensued.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I can't adjust the air pressure on my compressor also, so I open the valve on the moisture trap to adjust it there, plus I have the Mr Drain and dust catcher attachment to also adjust it and serve as a moisture trap.
    I'll have to look into getting a moisture trap

I bought one from an Australian Ebay store but it was basically the same as this one from Bunnings and about the same price with shipping.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/ozito-1-...lator_p6210579

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    I bought one from an Australian Ebay store but it was basically the same as this one from Bunnings and about the same price with shipping.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/ozito-1-...lator_p6210579
    Thanks, you reminded me that Bunnings sold airbrushes and accessories, plus a Bunnings is just behind my house

What a dream house. They are building a Bunnings on the opposite corner from my work with apartments on top but it won't be finished until 2020/21. Why God Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    What a dream house. They are building a Bunnings on the opposite corner from my work with apartments on top but it won't be finished until 2020/21. Why God Why?
    They finished it last year and there's a Mitre 10 a bit further down, it's a small one servicing the Katoomba community.