View Poll Results: Revenge of the Fallen in comparison to the first film?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • RotF was better

4 8.16%
  • RotF was worse

30 61.22%
  • They were generally the same in quality

15 30.61%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RotF in comparison to TF1

Default RotF in comparison to TF1

I'm curious as to whether people thought that RotF was better, worse, or about the same as the first film in the series.

I initially thought it was better, on account of the increased robot action, but now I think about it, it was kind of on the same level as the first film.

thought they were of the same caliber with rotf being a little more exciting

TF2 was overlong to a greater extent than the first film. A lot of the direction was sloppy. It was underplotted, and despite its gargantuan runtime, characters were underdeveloped. It was more racist and misogynist than the first film. There's something slightly icky about watching a film like this and realising it was made by a 44 year old man. It's tiring waiting for him to act like a grown-up.

I think the first film was far more successful overall; it met the expectations it set for itself. I think the success of the first film made MB lazy with the second.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

ROTF was much, much worse.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

ROTF was worse, but TF1 was not very good to start with!

TF 1 was fun. I saw that movie four times, hadn't done that since Jurassic Park. Plus it renewed my interest in transformers.

ROTF as others said, felt rushed. My first impression when I walked out of ROTF was the writers strike had actually had a significant effect on the movie- Bay should categorically not be allowed to go anywhere near movie scripts! Now granted I am a glutton for suspension of disbelief, but poor editing and story are another thing altogether... I never, ever thought I could ever feel cold towards Optimus Prime and the autobots. Way to go Bay.
    Last edited by RageOnTheRoads; 13th July 2009 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RageOnTheRoads View Post
    I never, ever thought I could ever feel cold towards Optimus Prime and the autobots. Way to go Bay.
    I know exactly what you mean.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    ROTF was worse, but TF1 was not very good to start with!
    My exact sentiments.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

For those of you who were expecting to dislike ROTF, but went ahead and watched it anyway - just remember that MICHAEL BAY HAS YOUR MONEY! (or monies if you watched it more than once!)

Sure, I've seen it 3 times, but I like RotF! That's not to say that I'm blind to its flaws, but I don't find it a dislikeable movie. Anyway, I voted "RotF was worse" - but only marginally for me. I'd give TF1 8/10 whereas I'd give RotF 7/10.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I was expecting to love it. My expectations were that this was going to be the most brilliant movie ever.