Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotf Hoist?

Default Rotf Hoist?

The Arker has posted new images of a Longarm repaint into what appears to be G1 Hoist.

Source: www.the-arker.com

A little to the left... a little bit more...

That's nice!

That's awesome. However I am going to buy him and display him as Classics Hoist.

Before people say that the mold doesn't look G1, well the original toy didn't look that much 'G1' either as he has considerably different aesthetics as the other car autobots such as Jazz, Prowl and Sideswipe

Hahaha! Long after countless customisers have already done so themselves! Good to see Hasbro taking tips from fans though. Kudos.
    Quote Originally Posted by kup
    Before people say that the mold doesn't look G1, well the original toy didn't look that much 'G1' either as he has considerably different aesthetics as the other car autobots such as Jazz, Prowl and Sideswipe
    ...but not Trailbreaker.

Long Arm is a decent mould and is ambiguous enough that he can fit in either the movie or Universe camp, with the right paint job and a little stretching of the imagination.

So far this looks far better than the crummy Stockade as Gears repaint. They Should have repainted Stockade as Brawn.

I did not get Longarm but will get this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Long Arm is a decent mould and is ambiguous enough that he can fit in either the movie or Universe camp, with the right paint job and a little stretching of the imagination.

So far this looks far better than the crummy Stockade as Gears repaint. They Should have repainted Stockade as Brawn.
    Yeah I agree as a Hoist repaint he could go well with Universe. I get annoyed with the feet though, and on Longarm the blue wave pattern made the feet to distracting! the solid green bonnet of the hoist repaint will fix this. Also I'm not a fan of the hook permanently attached to his arm.

Default Looks like Hasbro just sold another Deluxe.

Hmm...subject to the robot mode being good I may just get Movie 1 Mudflap and this and have the Grapple 'n Hoist pseudo-classics pair.
    'May' as in 'Will definitely'.

Awesome mold. The head was never too "movie" anyway. I think this will work fine with HenClassiVerse.

I need me this!Do it Hasbro! Do it!

But given they're already re-releasing the long-arm mold in a box set, I fear they may not.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection