Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knockoff Springer, Sideswipe, Red Alert, and Octane

I got one of the "found" nightbeats, it is legit, at least mine is

I'm quite certain that short term explosion of misb/mosc nightbeats/micromasters were a legitimate release. Nightbeat was apparently found in an old warehouse by some dude who knew their worth.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post

I've thought about this as well when I was looking at my own G1 springer. In terms of sticker wear/condition, I think this comes with repetitive transformations and general wear and tear. I reckon it'd be hard to replicate age and damage.

I used to match play and dirt and crap on guitar parts (not that fake looking relic stuff)
    Different parts from same or "similar" years and yeah ill shut up.... cough*dodgy*cough... Anyway, I know lots of tricks.
    Not sure how well it would translate to toys but for an auction it wouldn't need to be too convincing.

That said I don't want to buy a KO or give anyone ideas.

Thanks for the reassurance. I bought Universe Nightbeat, and it would be a nice counterpiece. I shall bid (on these, at least) with confidence, but yeah the issue of adding "age" stickers and ware to boxes is a little unsettling.

G1 Springer and Octane on local ebay AU at the moment with free postage, pounce before they KO hit the shelves! I'd bid, but I already have them

Also, just an interesting note -

I was discussing KO's and reissues with Matt (the owner of transformerland.com) and he reckons (in his years of selling experience), KO's reduce the market value of original g1's as much as reissues do.

Just food for thought I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    I was discussing KO's and reissues with Matt (the owner of transformerland.com) and he reckons (in his years of selling experience), KO's reduce the market value of original g1's as much as reissues do.
    I'm certain that they do in at least two ways.

1. People buy knockoffs (consciously or not) and then think they don't need an original, or

2. People like me who would quite like... say... a Gnaw toy, never actually bid on or purchase one because we're now paranoid that it might be a knockoff or contain knockoff parts.

Thus original toys sell for less or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I'm certain that they do in at least two ways.

1. People buy knockoffs (consciously or not) and then think they don't need an original, or

2. People like me who would quite like... say... a Gnaw toy, never actually bid on or purchase one because we're now paranoid that it might be a knockoff or contain knockoff parts.

Thus original toys sell for less or not at all.
    well said!