Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Wholesaler?

Quote Originally Posted by Linthart View Post
    Megatron Paul?
    Alternity Megatron (Black)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    ah gotcha

Just curious JayDisc, have you emailed them about the problems lately?? Have they responded? Definately be interested in hearing what they have to say I THINK with the Skids Encore it might not be a problem as its not such a demanding toy so it could get filled just guessing.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yes please just try to discuss Toywholesaler here, not the actions of any members.

I have two orders with Toywholesaler that I'm now committed to, but have no intentions of doing another one with them and would prefer to shop at HLJ or Robotkingdom.

One other issue with Toywholesaler is that they expect payment in full for preorders and then throw in shipping costs when the item is available.

So I've asked people to pay me now for Skids and Megatron and I have to ask them again for money when the order comes. It's not the nicest situation to be in, but as organisers of group buys we need the deposit from the other people in our group as much (maybe more so) than the seller we're buying from needs our deposit.
    I can understand needing people who are really committed to pony up some cash with these things, (group orders), but it's the seller (toywholesaler), that I'm saying screw that to. Exchange rates are changing too much to logically do that.

I really feel sorry for the organisers. You guys end up paying more in the end to what was originally a saving of a few bucks.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I can understand needing people who are really committed to pony up some cash with these things, (group orders), but it's the seller (toywholesaler), that I'm saying screw that to. Exchange rates are changing too much to logically do that.

I really feel sorry for the organisers. You guys end up paying more in the end to what was originally a saving of a few bucks.
    Well I can't speak for anyone else but my motivation for group orders is to get cheaper toys. If I can get a couple for others then thats a bonus. I don't over extend myself and even if there's a couple of drop outs I don't mind doubles
    Also the exchange rate fluctuations can work for us, for example I got Masterpiece Thundercracker for under $100 shipped at a time when it would have been at least $50 more anywhere else.