Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your username mean?

Snaketales has a dual origin

At uni while working on the student newspaper I was known as 'snake' for
    1. being 'lower than snake's balls' in scamming freebies (I didn't scam them, I just made sure I was first for concert reviews, etc )
    2. being cold-blooded when it came to subbing/re-writing stories.

After uni I labelled one of my emails to a friend as 'snaketales' i.e tales from snake, and I've used it since then.

I originally came up with my name back when I was a huge fan of Dragon Booster (not so much now, since it went downhill as it went on). In the show, dragons were all classified by colours-red, green, black, etc, with gold as the most powerful. But there was no silver, and I like silver (half because it was my favourite Pokemon version). So, tadah, SilverDragon.

I'd have made a new name for the TF boards, but I was thinking that silver=metal, and TMII Megatron popped up in my head.

So it fit.

its from a david Gammel book from the character Skillganon the Damned

yukitora Guest

Default pretty kitty

a long long time ago, when the earth was ruled by dinobots... i was doing a joint project with my friend for a manga series and one day i had to make an email address. So i picked one of my main character names, which, i tell you now, no one had until last friggin year. I had a unique name but now its blended with everyone else the full name is Sparkling Yukitora (yuki/setsu = snow, tora = tiger). that icon is of a different style to what i normally do, but it's close to what the character is. my other name is Tyranidkisses, from wahammer 40k.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Eons ago there was a mythical land, or so the tale goes, which was divided into 2 malevolent races of creatures: Humans and Demons. Savaged by war, their world was almost annihilated. One lone warrior, whose name was Yzbor, discovered a mystical and powerful portal... a single point in space that contained each and every other point in the universe. Anyone who gazed into it acquired the ability to view the far reaches of the universe, and every moment in time from every angle simultaneously, without distortion or confusion.

And so it came to pass that this mighty warrior entered in to the portal and became a god! To distinguish Himself from His former life, so as not to confuse His many subjects and His many, many, many stunningly beautiful young wives, He reversed His name to Robzy.

Robzy, the immortal, is here now. Yes, my loyal subjects, I am that man. I am that God! I am the Supreme Ruler of the universe and time.

I AM ROBZY! Kneel before me and worship me!

And by an amazing coincidence ‘Robzy’ also happens to be the nickname of your Leader’s surname!

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    LINT was the name I used to call all my characters back in the old gameboy games days when they only offered you 4-5 character spaces to write your name. Probably stems a bit from the default LINK from Zelda games and my underlying amusement by pocket lint.
    But ur name is Linton right? If so you're only the 3rd one I know of including myself
    Last edited by Linthart; 30th July 2009 at 08:38 PM.

Paulbot: I still remember when you went by the handle of "Rhinox." What made you decide to change it to "Paulbot"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    As an English teacher, I like the way that your board name contains an i-before-e word, but in real life, you have an e-before-i name. (English - the language that brought us such varying pronunciations of the same letter group as 'ought, 'through', 'cough', 'thorough', 'tough', 'dough', 'plough' and 'hiccough'. Ain't it grand?)
    Ain't ain't a word. I mean isn't a word. Ah crap!

Quote Originally Posted by yukitora
    the full name is Sparkling Yukitora (yuki/setsu = snow, tora = tiger).
    "Kira Kira Yukitora"?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Paulbot: I still remember when you went by the handle of "Rhinox." What made you decide to change it to "Paulbot"?
    I used Paulbot first online, but Rhinox at first on the OTCA boards. I can't remember why I changed it to Paulbot except it was on one of the board moves and I think it was in part wanting to people refer to me by my real name but not really sure

My username is boring...

mmm let me think a minute LOL!

but i wanna change it... thinking LadyBot...?