Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your username mean?

Mine is also a bit unimaginative. AJ: my initials. Prime: Who doesn't love Optimus Prime? He's the kind of leader/person whose qualities I would aspire to mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    Mine is also a bit unimaginative. AJ: my initials. Prime: Who doesn't love Optimus Prime? He's the kind of leader/person whose qualities I would aspire to mirror.
    Being a Prime is the bomb

http://www.ravnwood.com/archives/001252.php

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    That guy is a legend, and so is the general who supported him!

Something ironic about Optimus Prime being part of an invasionary force in Iraq (even if he was essentially a firefighter and not front line combatant ) I've had a few online encounters with that guy before. And that's all I have to say about that.

I already explained this in my intro thread, but I guess it doesn't hurt to post it again.

I used to go by Faceless on message boards, but found increasingly that the name was not available.
    At the time I was thinking of switching usernames, a girl took to calling me 'j'.
    Her name was Adelaide, but she hated it, and insisted on being called 'a' (for some reason it had to be lowercase) and decided to shorten my name (Jake) in the same fashion.
    So noface from Faceless and j from a pet name a girl had for me.

It's often assumed it's meant to be a nod to the character from Spirited Away, but it's a total coincidence.
    Bizarrely I occasionally find nofacej is unavailable as well.
    I guess it doesn't fit so well now that I'm using a drawing of my face as my avatar.

Megatran Guest

When I found out about Ozformers I was way toooooo excited to join to spend any amount of time coming up with a kool name. And I'm terrible at speling.

The tale of the origin of my username is shrouded in so much secrecy and deciet that it would pain you to hear the tale. Hence it shall never be told
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

^ lol....

It's a long story, so I hope you're sitting comfortably.

I am registered on the Comic Book Resources forums under the name Zombie Uatu, as at the time I registered the Marvel Zombies series had just come out and I liked the idea of a zombie version of the Watcher. I post on those forums very rarely these days because I've found it to be a wretched hive of scum and negativity, but I liked the name.

So then when I was registering on a TF fansite - I think it was TFormers, though I haven't posted there in years - I decided to stick with the zombie theme, and I was Zombie Galvatron. So why aren't I Zombie Galvatron on here?

Well, I've always been a big fan of the Wheel of Time series of novels, and a few years ago, I decided to make my triumphant return to the fan community. Naturally, I had a theme, so I decided to go with it, and I re-registered as Zombie Sammael. Sammael (with two Ms) is the name of a major villain in the series who dies midway through, but is later impersonated by another character in mysterious circumstances, which led some fans to theorise he had come back as a zombie. So the name was apt. Anyway, I managed to build up a bit of a reputation as ZS or Zombie and decided I liked it, but the problem I had with using it in other situations was that "Samael" is a very old name sometimes given to the devil, and I didn't much like the idea that people might see that and think I was some Goth kid who couldn't spell. So I shortened it to Zommael for use as my Twitter handle.

Around this time, me and an Australian lady who also posts in the WOT community were really starting to hit it off, and a few months later we got together. A few months after that I moved to Australia from the UK, and that was around the time I registered on Ozformers. I have now been here for well over a year and me and my girlfriend are getting married later this year. So as you can imagine, I now have some emotional attachment to the name as well.

Thus, Zommael I am and Zommael I will remain. And if anyone wants to follow me on Twitter they may do, though I don't tweet about TFs very often. Also if there are any other WOTers on this board I'd be very glad to know you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Also if there are any other WOTers on this board I'd be very glad to know you!
    You're into the Wheel of Time? You must be a good bloke then I used to hang out on the WoT boards but have t been there in years and actually I tried to log in last year but couldn't remember my username/password, unless they deleted it because it was inactive for so long.

And that reminds me, I must fix my sig.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain