Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your username mean?

Megatron's 2nd cousin twice removed is named Klystron.

Nah, seriously though a klystron is an RF amplifing device used in radars (see picture below).
    My first real job in the navy was a radar tech and my radar system used a klystron. It was pulsed with 90,000V to amplify a tiny 3GHz RF signal into a 1MW output.
    At that level of power there needs to be a series of focus coils (basically large electro magnets; not pictured) encircling the body of the klystron to keep the beam of RF 'focused' as it travels up and out of the device. if the beam is off slightly it will burn right thru the top of the klystron, instead of correctly entering the waveguide, and literally slag everything in its path (yes, this did happen).

I thought ending with "tron" and being an actual real world device, as well as one from my past, all fit together as a suitable username.

TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I'm a Doors fan and have the same birthday as Jim Morrison and David Carradine, the name is taken from a live version of The End and serves as a double reference to both.

Ode to a grasshopper...
    I think I'll open a little shop.
    A little place where they sell things.
    And I think I'll call it grasshopper.
    And I'll put a big green grasshopper out there.
    Wanna see my grasshopper momma?
    Lookin' real good.
    Oh! I blew it, its a moth.
    Well, thats all right, he ain't got long to go,
    So we'll forgive him.

from "The End" as performed live, by The Doors

I have a Nissan Pulsar SSS that i put in car shows with the number paltes RAMPAGE, so rampagesss

But on most car forums im just know as Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    I have a Nissan Pulsar SSS that i put in car shows with the number paltes RAMPAGE, so rampagesss
    ah ha, the 3 sss make alot more sense now

This is going to be a huge shock to all I'm sure - I'm named 'Doubledealer' after the fantastic G1 character of the same name. Not only is he a triple changer, but he can also change from being a Decepticon to an Autobot! I find Punch/Counterpunch fascinating for similar reasons but Doubledealer is on a whole different level of awesome. He can fly, he has a cannon that can level mountains, he's his own boss, he's an incredibly powerful gun for hire...What's not to love? Doubledealer is bad ass personified (Lockdown's got nuthin' on him, hehe).

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer
    I find Punch/Counterpunch fascinating for similar reasons but Doubledealer is on a whole different level of awesome. He can fly, he has a cannon that can level mountains, he's his own boss, he's an incredibly powerful gun for hire...What's not to love?
    Not to mention that his Autobot and Decepticon modes involve more than just the robot spinning around! Watching Punch transform into Counterpunch and back reminds me of Monkey where every monster "transforms" from human to monster by spinning around.

"So Monkey, I am rearry zah Dog Monstah!" <spins around and changes>

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    ah ha, the 3 sss make alot more sense now
    Makes you think at first if he's related to Cobra Commander didnt it hehehehe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Time to bring this thread outta the vault!
    For my username -
    The Skywarp part refers to my favourite seeker-deco while the 91 part refers to the year 1991, when I was born!

Haphazard is what I go by all over the place and there's not much of a story behind it; I picked it for myself as a more Transformers-y sounding name. XD;;;

But I did give it a bit of thought: I'm often very clumsy and tend to either head-butt things or punch/elbow things (see: objects that are more likely to damage me, than I am to damage it) unintentionally, trip over my own feet/the floor, not see something that most normal people would, and then walk into it (usually head-first). I also tend to get random bruises and scratches without realising how/where/when it happened. I’m also dyslexic and my speech-pattern can be rather haphazard too.

There’s also the ‘hazard’ in Haphazard too which rather accurately describes me in a temper.

And if I were to ever be given the title of Prime (somehow, IDK) I would become Hazardous Prime! *insert egotistical laughing* … Well, I found that bit amusing at least. <_<;;

*runs off to lurk on the board some more* >3>

back in the day i was known as sharkysparky

Sharky - i guess serves a multiple purpose it was my nickname my team mates used to call me, came from my soccer playing days, they way i used to defend... i used to "come from nowhere and attack" a player on the opposition said something to that effect after i tackled him and the teammates picked it up 18 years not a single yellow card, secondly it is the footy team (NRL) i support

Sparky was well i was and electrician but now i am retired so its been dropped off the handle
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy