Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sculpturing Putty

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Sculpey needs to be baked whereas Super Sculpey will set in room temperature.
    Incorrect.

I think we covered this in another thread... but oh well - I have a box in my bag and it does not set at room temperature (SUPER Sculpey).
    Rather - it says bake at 130 degrees celcius for 15minutes per 6mm of thickness.

It also says 'Super Sculpey remains soft and pliable when stored in a cool place'

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

That explains why it never hardened properly!

So what's the difference between Sculpey and Super Sculpey then? Does the latter come from Krypton?

yukitora Guest

Default green stuff

games-workshop green stuff, kiddies.
    the more blue you use, the harder and quicker it sets. the more green, the softer and longer it sets, allowing you to carve into it over a couple of days. works on plastic and metal. use with wet fingers or wet knife so it dont stick to you! becomes bit sticky when first drying. you can even use glue to stick it on to something first, or use it like glue to jam two bits together. or use it like a stamp. i cant sculpt for shit, but i know how to customise with parts! you can paint straight over it too.

Quote Originally Posted by yukitora View Post
    games-workshop green stuff, kiddies.
    the more blue you use, the harder and quicker it sets. the more green, the softer and longer it sets, allowing you to carve into it over a couple of days. works on plastic and metal. use with wet fingers or wet knife so it dont stick to you! becomes bit sticky when first drying. you can even use glue to stick it on to something first, or use it like glue to jam two bits together. or use it like a stamp. i cant sculpt for shit, but i know how to customise with parts! you can paint straight over it too.
    huh, are you really a chick?
    OIC... it must be from the kalgoorlie upbringing... lol just kidding

Green stuff is darn expensive hey...
    I too cant sculpt for sh*t but hopefully when my dremel arrives next week i can err... fine tune some of my "works of art"

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    Green stuff is darn expensive hey...
    I too cant sculpt for sh*t but hopefully when my dremel arrives next week i can err... fine tune some of my "works of art"
    Sure is that's why you go to an indy hobbystore and buy another cheaper brand. Works just as well.