Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 515202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: August Acquisitions

I'm pretty sure the Takara one has battle damage as well. I think the only difference is an insignia on the nosecone.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Takara one has battle damage as well. I think the only difference is an insignia on the nosecone.
    Takara did away with the weathering paint scheme jay. A lot of people had fanboy whinges about it on the boards when the then US Walmart exclusive G1 colored MP version came out. A lot were annoyed with the darkened wing joints and wotnot. So takara instead had theirs in silvery light grey and not so much that Screamer looks like hes a burnt toast. I have the Takara version. Its one of the factors I considered when I was buying him coz I had a look at a loose Hasbro version one, didnt really like the "battle damage" Hasbro had going - much like the MP prime they issued with the same random dark paints here and there, totally unnecessary IMO.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Added Cybertron Deluxe Unicron (aka Unicron Jnr) today courtesy of an eBay purchase arriving from a few weeks ago.

Still think I'm going to have to get the full size one to do the character any justice though!

From the post office this morning I picked up 6 x Silver Alternity Megatrons, 1 x Encore Bruticus and 2 x Encore Tapes Vol 2.

Took advantage of the TRU Universe Voyager Sale, picked up the following this morning:

Leo Prime
    Treadbolt
    Blaster
    Inferno
    Overload
    Heavy Load

Sorry for post-whoring, but had the day off so went trolling around for TF toys and also found Universe Onslaught, Superion and Bruticus Maximus at Kmart marked down, so added those guys to today's haul.

I think that will be all my purchases for the foreseeable future (until Sunday's Toy Fair that is)

Here's a pic of all my pickups for today:

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Second Sniper View Post
    Sorry for post-whoring, but had the day off so went trolling around for TF toys and also found Universe Onslaught, Superion and Bruticus Maximus at Kmart marked down, so added those guys to today's haul.

I think that will be all my purchases for the foreseeable future (until Sunday's Toy Fair that is)

Here's a pic of all my pickups for today:
    holy crap snipesy what a haul!

i can't talk though im just as bad
    On the hunt for:
    Masterpiece MP04 Optimus Prime
    Fansproject Superion Addon set

ROTF Legends Mudflap & Grindor (thanks to a tip-off from the Stompmeister).
    I thought the decals on Grindor were going to be a hawaiin print but it turns out it's just a boring techy sorta pattern.

Just been to Parramatta and availed of the ongoing price mark down in that TRU ( although there are some items there horribly up priced) got me
    Heavy Load ( which I mainly got coz of the minicon)
    Treadbolt ( love it when a Micromaster gets a body upgrade like Flak -aka Overload)

lazy so no piccies, you know what they look like
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I've been going crazy this month, after 2 months of no TF buying;

New:
    e-Hobby Guardian - $220
    Encore Sky Lynx - $40
    Black Alternity Convoy - $60
    e-Hobby Sunstorm - $80
    WST Sludge/Swoop - $30
    Shockwave bust - $50
    G1 Weetabix Dragstrip - $20

Used:
    G2 Powerdive - $10
    G1 Micromaster Cannon Transport - $20
    Animated Blurr - $10
    Animated Grimlock - $20
    G1/G2 Fearswoop - $6
    e-Hobby black Hot Rod MIB - $80

Along with a generous handful of comics, manuals and accessories. I am now beyond broke.