Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the movie series change directors?

Yes, I think they should replace him.

Something is wrong if the cartoon has better storylines than the movies.

But as others have said, they won't replace Bay; and he will potentially end up damaging the Transformers brand.

Agree, Bay will not be replaced so we will have to endure another Bayrrific movie.

The first movie was a decent flick, the ROTF just has its priorities wrong. I don't think it has done anything respectful for the brand and the brand's target audience (children). Yeah sure we can have humour and a love interest, but I think we can leave the crude humour out. It should only be about the transformers and their human allies, with a story people can relate to. And make it enjoyable for adults, include realism, action and suspense, and this stuff is still ok for children as well. No more military, Let the autobots be the heroes for a change. If the autobots are represented as trully awesome heros, that is all that is needed to save the next sequel in my opinion. And if the decepticons are not treated as cannon fodder this is also win! Humans are cannon fodder 'evil'. If michael bay wants to regurgitate the same crap, then yes change to someone else.

I'm happy for Bay to continue.

Yeah some stuff is annoying as a fan but the films were popular and because of them we get all the extras, merch toys etc...

They have been worth watching, some cool scenes and designs... so whatever.

I guess if anything I would like the movies to be more sutable to the age I was when the G1 cartoon was on TV.

But I know unlike the Movies the cartoon was never actually the product so I guess it needs to be a totally different thing.

I think that the first movie was ok because Bay was restricted by Spielberg - You do see a fair bit of Speilberg in that movie (positives not negatives).

However Bay was given full reign on this flick and it couldn't of been more Bayish. Now that such a film has made such a huge Box Office return, Bay is likely to have free reign on the next movie.

We can look forward to lots and lots of impressive action and explosions but zero plot and characters with lost of soft p0rn shots and more 'genitalia' or human waste humor.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I never really liked the first film much either... having said that it was waaaayyy better than ROTF! I consider Michael Bay to be a very poor director... he has no understanding of pace and has demonstrated that in every film he's ever made!

As for new directors... James Cameron would be great, but let's face it he's not gonna touch TFs... especially with Avatar coming out (a film he's devoted the last 14 years of his life to making - Bay could take a lesson here... don't hurry a film because you're stubborn).

I reckon Christopher Nolan would be great! I loved the Dark Knight!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    As for new directors... James Cameron would be great, but let's face it he's not gonna touch TFs... especially with Avatar coming out (a film he's devoted the last 14 years of his life to making - Bay could take a lesson here... don't hurry a film because you're stubborn).
    Thats a valid point. Bay could of taken longer to make the movie and not rushed it. It was a given that it was going to make a huge amount of money. What's the point of having a team of creative people working on something, and the boss has free reign and dosen't utilize his team. They could of hired a bunch of monkeys and got the same result in the end. Bay dosen't really care, he just says the things people want to here sometimes and every now and then he lets slip a comment like 'how he hates the dinobots' and yet he likes big balls on devastator, Alice the species/terminator rip off sprayed with a yellow liquid over her face, and having simmons dack himself so that his posterior covers almost the entire screen! ok he never said he liked those things, yet the fact that they are in the movie indicates that is what he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    We can look forward to lots and lots of impressive action and explosions but zero plot and characters with lost of soft p0rn shots and more 'genitalia' or human waste humor.
    It should be "impressive action", kup.....somehow , running in slow motion with explosions at the background which actually made me almost fall asleep in the moviehouse gets pretty boring for me. Somehow while watching I was waiting actually for the movie to end, not a good thing. I kept thinking at the back of my mind, man I want my $17 back....

Erm who directed the LOTR series... he could prolly make a more decent job.?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Erm who directed the LOTR series... he could prolly make a more decent job.?
    Peter Jackson (a kiwi), whose name has come up in this thread already, I believe.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

i firmly belive the series should be handed over to BRUCE CAMPBELL! He can write, produce, direct and star, that way the execs will make even more money and we get a better movie!
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496