Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the movie series change directors?

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    i firmly belive the series should be handed over to BRUCE CAMPBELL! He can write, produce, direct and star, that way the execs will make even more money and we get a better movie!
    Bruce Campbell Fanboy? Bruce is awesome haha, but I dont think he would be a good replacement.

That said, I will go against the grain of this whole thread (if not whole forum ) and say that Bay should stay. Personally I loved both movies, and liked the second one better. To me it was easy to follow, loved the Twins.

And as mentioned earlier, this movie has made massive amounts of money from it, they won't replace Bay anytime soon.

I actually liked the first TF movie, still do. Its a regular Dvd watch, thats for sure. The Second was just damn atrocious though, like others said, severely lacking the Spielberg touch. Just one of Bay's mindless romps, and I don't want to sit through another like ROTF thats for sure.

I reckon TF will suffer from the infamous trilogy syndrome. The first makes the lowest amount at the boxoffice, but builds a big cult following in the DVD release. The second makes big bucks off the firsts following, but sucks as a movie. Then the third makes significantly less than the second but more than the first.

As for director, someone a tad more emotionally and mentally mature for the third one would be nice. *Sits and fantasizes of the James Cameron TF that could have been*

What exactly is the standing with Michael Baysplosion? I know said he wanted time off from the franchise. Do we know how long? I get the impression Bay's wafer thin patience is done with transformers. It's no secret he's a pretty arrogant, determine sod, so if he gets board with TF (not like his heart was in it to begin with) he's the kind of guy that would categorically refuse to return unless the studio exec's offer him an ungodly amount of money. The execs may want to push the release of TF 3 before Bay decides he wants to return to the franchise. It will be interesting to see how TF3 pans out.

Yes, he should no, he won't, and he's already confirmed he's not walking away from it.
    Having already given up on this reimagining I'd hope they get whoever they've got doing the live-action Ghost in the Shell adaption so they can't maul that too.

Peter Jackson... he'd be okay. Better than Bay... maybe. Sure, Lord of the Rings was awesome, but I still remember "Meet The Feebles"! That movie makes any of Michael Bay's lewd moments look tame. And it was with Muppets!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I still remember "Meet The Feebles"!
    I saw that film. Feeble was such an appropriate name. Like a bootleg Fraggle Rock. There's 25 minutes I'll never get back again

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I liked meet the Feebles - It was supposed to be awful that's the point of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Reminds me of how bad Bad Taste was (that was dreadful, but classic at the same time )

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    +1. I still can't get over that barfing muppet - how on earth did they clean that thing afterwards?

It'd be cool to see how other directors would do the live action TF movies.
    Hopefully Speilburg steps in on TF3 and pulls the reigns on Bay.

Or

Maybe they could give you 12GB of RAM to stab directly into your frontal lobe with your TF 3 Cinema ticket so you can process the speed of the action sequences and the mashup plot.....
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

Clint Eastwood for something gritty, real and epic. He can also do humour it's just more subdued.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose