Thread: Should the movie series change directors?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Should the movie series change directors?

Considering how Revenge of the Fallen turned out, do you think that Bay should be replaced, and if so, with whom?

Despite overall enjoying the movie, I'm inclined to say yes, someone else should take over as director of the movie series. My main reason for this is the various superfluous elements of RotF (e.g. Devastator's balls, Simmons' underpants), which were apparently there because Bay wanted them in. I suppose one could also count the Twins, but I didn't find them particularly annoying-just screen-stealing from the other robots, mainly the new ones like Sideswipe.

If he did in fact have those parts put in because he wanted them, then I'm seriously wondering what he thinks about how a film should flow. The tacked on humour bits served only to pull me out of the film.

Also, there was apparently a lot of conflict between him and the writers (Orci and Kurtzman, fyi)-he wanted the Twins in, etc, and they had to push for a lot of things from the original script to be kept it. I don't think conflict is a good sign.

As for possible replacements...I'm not entirely sure, really.

(Note: I wanted to put a 'Yes/No' poll in here, but I forgot to tick the option to enable one.)
    Last edited by SilverDragon; 4th August 2009 at 05:29 PM.