Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transformers for Blu-ray.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    Just read something interesting on TFW2005, Apparently the Bluray version of Transformers 2007 is coming out on September 2nd in the US.

Link
    Source:TFW2005

and something about easter eggs going though the British Board of Film Classification.
    Link
    Source: (same source as above)
    Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Bluray may have "won the war", but their fight is only beginning, to convince people to buy it.
    Heh, You'll probably find many people are now saying "bluray? who cares?"

Yes, I was right back then, they still havn't convinced anyone it's better than dvd.
    ________
    CHEVROLET MATIZ SPECIFICATIONS
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:27 AM.

Heh, You'll probably find many people are now saying "bluray? who cares?"

Yes, I was right back then, they still havn't convinced anyone it's better than dvd.
    Maybe It due to the Pricing of the anything to do with Blu-ray .....? ( " By this i don't just mean the blu-ray player" )

And because of this, everyone is probably thinking why bother spending so much for it, if they are using SD Tv's. Especially the way everything is going up and trying to find ways of saving money than spending it.

"In my Personal Opinion , i think it has something to do with Pricing of the HD Tv's as well, if not more!"
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 26th May 2008 at 06:55 PM.

Pricing, and the fact there just is no added value, especially when faced with replacing your vast DVD collection. Who would want to do that?

DVD brought A LOT to the table over VHS. Bluray just brings its fat friends along with it for dinner.
    ________
    DC MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:28 AM.

Pricing, and the fact there just is no added value, especially when faced with replacing your vast DVD collection. Who would want to do that?

DVD brought A LOT to the table over VHS. Bluray just brings its fat friends along with it for dinner.
    I agree for me Price, Longevity and Features are major the Factors.
    The ways i interpret it is....

*Why would they/i want to buy a Blu-Ray player if they/i can't afford a HD TV.

* Why would i/they buy it now when i/they can wait for the price to come down and by then newer technology could be out for the same price.

etc.....

"I Always thought it was mostly because you can't put a VHS video cassette tape into a dedicated DVD player, unless it was those combo units?.... if so, i think we didn't have a choice when DVD became the standard over VHS, Where as Blu-Ray compatible payers can play DVD's "which" also could be the problem."
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 27th May 2008 at 05:43 PM.

When you consider the absolute coverage of the market DVD has, and just how much stuff is available, particularly TV series, it's no wonder people are sticking with it.

I find it amusing at my local video store, all the Blu Rays are labelled 'will not play in a DVD player'. You just know it's cause people actually tried it and complained - probably on an SD television too!

Even advancements like HDMI, which consolidates all the cables, just confuse people. My boss, a techy, spent 100+ on an HDMI cable on advice from Harvey Norman). And in the end, since TV's still have to be backwards compatible with older connections, 95% of end users just end up getting confused by yet another plug on the back of their telly.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    My boss, a techy, spent 100+ on an HDMI cable on advice from Harvey Norman)
    your boss is an idiot, HDMI is a digital signal, it either works or it doesn't. A $100+ cable is not clearer than a cheapy $20+

on-topic, Blu-ray is a niche product, it wont take over DVD. I can co-exist however, pandering to the tech heads. I love the quality, but still wont turn down a $10 DVD

When he told me, i didn't even have the heart to tell him, he was that convinced - "well, that's just how much they must cost so.. OK!" I don't think a cheaper option was ever presented - but he's still an idiot for not bothering to look for a cheaper option or researching beforehand. Or shopping at Harvey Norman period

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Or shopping at Harvey Norman period
    lol bingo

Sounds like the boss was suckered into a 1.3 version hdmi cable. It has a higher through put, but is only useful for above 1080p viewing, so yea, he doesn't need it yet. Also supports additional sound features, but probably arn't required.
    ________
    LIFE SABER VAPORIZER
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:29 AM.

Looks like the (US) Blu-ray release date is confirmed by Paramount Home Entertainment.

also seems that there are 2 new DVD versions to.....
    "1-Disc with Optimus Prime Mask"
    "2-Disc Deluxe Transforming Megatron Package"

Link
    Source TFW2005
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 29th May 2008 at 02:18 AM.