Page 16 of 215 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to share my joy! (aka the Happy Thread)

er im wasted
    yes sad im on here, but gota check whats hapnin
    (typing that message was hard.....)

Helped my best friend move into his new place at Semaphore today, I now -by extension- have a beach front property!

I have found (another) way to park free at uni.

Get in there

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Helped my best friend move into his new place at Semaphore today, I now -by extension- have a beach front property!
    When I spent 2 months in Adelaide about 10 years ago thats where I stayed. The Federal Hotel to be exact. Nice part of the world... Even nicer barmaid
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Just bought tickets and flights to see Autechre in Sydney next month. Best. Day. Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Thanks for that Autocon.
    I just did an impulse bid on the two rare items listed by this person, and I actually managed to win both, one by $14, and the other by 1cent!

Backtrack and Reverb were 2 of 3 unreleased 5th wave Target exclusive Scouts from the first movie (at the end of the series, so got axed before full production - so probably only a dozen of each exist, if that).

Hope this doesn't mean I'm gonna have to track down the third (Gunbarrel) in this unreleased set...

I'm just amazed I won these. These are indeed very obscure, but... when they arrive, they will be the rarest things in my collection, because pre-production samples are often only a dozen or 2 at the most. And many may have been sent to Target executive buyers, or various Hasbro offices, never to end up in the hands of collectors...
    No exact number would ever be known though, so I'll go with the dozen estimate.
    So happy. Happier when the arrive of course...

Our male cat just received surgery today for his factured hip. $1600 gone. The vet said the surgery was smooth and hopefully he'll make a full recovery. It hurts us to see the poor fella in so much pain. So glad he's back home with us now.

Great friggin news, Turisas had their promoter pull out recently for their Oz tour coz they went bankrupt. But now another promoter has stepped in to save the day Woooo cheering. Looks like I will be dog tired when I go to the collectors fair the next morning

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Thanks for that Autocon.
    I just did an impulse bid on the two rare items listed by this person, and I actually managed to win both, one by $14, and the other by 1cent!

Backtrack and Reverb were 2 of 3 unreleased 5th wave Target exclusive Scouts from the first movie (at the end of the series, so got axed before full production - so probably only a dozen of each exist, if that).

Hope this doesn't mean I'm gonna have to track down the third (Gunbarrel) in this unreleased set...

I'm just amazed I won these. These are indeed very obscure, but... when they arrive, they will be the rarest things in my collection, because pre-production samples are often only a dozen or 2 at the most. And many may have been sent to Target executive buyers, or various Hasbro offices, never to end up in the hands of collectors...
    No exact number would ever be known though, so I'll go with the dozen estimate.
    So happy. Happier when the arrive of course...
    Now I feel like an idiot...
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...group-buy.html
    When I did a search for these things before I chased up the first two on ebay, there was no indication that these had been produced at all, now it looks like quite a few were produced.

I don't know where these are coming from, or how many are being produced, but to think I paid out $100 each for these things, and people are bulk buying them for $25 each.

The thing I'm fearing is that these have only just been produced, buy toy counterfeiters. Because what else could explain these only now being released 'from a supplier' who seems to be able to produce more if there is demand, and they are in the 2007 movie packaging. If they were being officially produced right now, they would be in the 2009 movie packaging. And if they were indeed produced in 2008, why would it have taken 2 years before all of these suddenly appeared?

Not happy with myself...
    Not the first time I've rushed into an ebay auction and regretted it later.

I have no idea what these are, but from reading through the TFW thread and looking at the photo the guy posted in the first page of the thread, there certainly seems like there is a ready supply of each of these 3 figures...