Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: GI Joe ROC movie Discussion Thread !! SPOILERS!!

Yeah, I missed the entire desert ambush scene. I started watching from where G.I. Joe were having a meeting with Destro's hologram where he sneakily activated the warhead's tracking beacon without the Joes' knowledge.

you should go watch again bro.
    the 1st appearance of snake eyes was iconic!!!

I'm not really a GI Joe fan so I dunno if I'd see it again. Also finding spare time to watch movies for me now is $#/&^@ hard! I still haven't seen Terminator Salvation or the latest Harry Potter yet!!

(who knew having a baby could be so time-consuming?!??)

alright... just wait for the DVD.

Saw this over hte weekend and I have to say that it was very good. Not the most well-constructed masterpiece but it was plenty of fun while giving fans enough. GI Joe is a distant memory to me and what bits I remember come from comic solicitations! But I did find this to be a very enjoyable action flick in its own right. The cutting edge technology, vehicles and weapons and fight scenes all made it very enjoyable.

I was pretty sure that Duke and Baroness enver hooked up but it worked for me until it was revealed she under the control of Rex as that was what made it quite interesting. Not that I didn't care for her and Duke's r/ship less but to me its far too an easy out and destroys a lot of potential character work

Cobra Commander or just the Commander?To me, the moment at the start when there was the Cobra, it seemed like he'd be Cobra Commander

Gotta say too the chick playing Baroness looks much better in dark hair.

And yup, I agree with others that this was better than ROTF. Not TFM though. The thing about TFM is that it had a bit of heart, it made you watch in wonder as you saw robots you grew up knowing take new form and centre stage. GI Joe was very much the same thing.

How is the movie doing in the US? Are there chances of a sequel? Cos I'd certainly look forward to
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    How is the movie doing in the US? Are there chances of a sequel? Cos I'd certainly look forward to
    From what I saw, at 3 weeks its ranked 16th on the US yearly gross for 2009 chart just below Terminator Salvation currently.

It hasn't flopped but nor has it achieved true Blockbuster status. A sequel is plausible but far from guaranteed.

If worse comes to worse and there is no sequel, I hope Hasbro make a cartoon or comic.

Man just saw this movie it was sick!!! This was soo much better than ROTF :P I hope there is a sequel, I liked all the hi tech gear they had

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Oh right that! Damn forgot.

Speaking of which, I only realised yesterday that the Neo Viper figure and the Desert Ambush Elite Viper are different moulds. I assumed the Vipers in the Desert Ambush were the same outfit wise as the later Neo Vipers (Neo Vipers are just upgraded on the inside). Did anyone notice if they actualy looked different?
    Yeah, they looked a little different. Just like the toy art. The armour they were wearing and face masks were different. I flipped through the official movie book to confirm as well.

There's an offical movie book? is it any good?

I got the Transformers visual guide, it was pretty average, the Star wars ones were better. I like books with decent pics of props costumes and CGI renderings.

I managed to confrim they were a little bit different from some of the promo pics on the web, now I'm trying to recall if they had standard balistic rifles or those other wierd wave guns.

And what is the ranking with all these guys, we have a Viper Commando, Neo, Ice and eventualy Elite. So where is the standard Viper trooper? I would have thought the Elite one looks the most standard, as there were plenty of the black masked cannon fodder types in the movie. Though I'm not quite sure which is the more elite of the Neo and Commando, they both seem pretty well equiped. In my personal universe I assume the Neo Vipers are nano-boosted ultimate unquestioning solider types (like the movie, or Bruiticus in transformers) and the Commandos are more independent, and unorthadox soliders.

No idea where the Nano Viper would fit in.

As a Cobra fan these things are of interest to me, As a kid I always tried to figure out the original series Viper rankings, I always assumed it was something like.

Crimson Guard Immortals
    Crimson Guards
    Geneticly enhanced Vipers eg: Hydro Vipers, Star Viper
    Troopers that advanced from other grades eg:Snow Serpents, Alley Vipers
    Specalist Vipers
    Vipers
    Cobra Troopers
    Tox Vipers
    Last edited by Lord_Zed; 31st August 2009 at 07:52 PM.

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    There's an offical movie book? is it any good?

I got the Transformers visual guide, it was pretty average, the Star wars ones were better. I like books with decent pics of props costumes and CGI renderings.
    Well, it's this thing here:

http://www.amazon.com/G-I-Joe-Cobra-...1711756&sr=1-3

I was excited when I saw it, then after flipping through, I felt it was pretty average. Lots of nice full colour pictures... almost too many. There were some nice shots like various Viper helmet designs that got rejected, but the majority of it was just stuff and screenshots from the movie. I ended up skipping on it even though I could have gotten it for 20% off. And I really didn't regret my decision.

That and they didn't have a section on Cobra Commander or Destro (in the mask), but they had a bit on Rex. I wanted to see the CC helmet design phases, that was what killed it for me.