Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: All Hail Megatron Coda #13 to #16

Thankfully Pat Lee's no longer working on Transformers.

Until Hasbro Hong Kong asks him to (badly draw) Movie Prime and Movie Megs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I'm sure making fun of Shane McCarthy distracts valuable manpower resources away from making fun of Pat Lee.
    I put forward that the tfwiki's Pat Lee article is the most extensive article on Lee's dodgy activities, especially since Wikia toned down their version of the article and Wikipedia completely pruned all of the "allegations" from theirs.

In fact, Wikipedia's article only mentions how James McDonaugh and Adam Patyk "claim" they weren't being paid. I find this insulting because a few of my friends were ripped off by Dreamwave as well.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Thankfully Pat Lee's no longer working on Transformers.
    Your first name basis suggests you know him outside of here, if that is a correct assumption, could you please tell him and Candice Chan that i want my letters back

ta

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I put forward that the tfwiki's Pat Lee article is the most extensive article on Lee's dodgy activities, especially since Wikia toned down their version of the article and Wikipedia completely pruned all of the "allegations" from theirs.

In fact, Wikipedia's article only mentions how James McDonaugh and Adam Patyk "claim" they weren't being paid. I find this insulting because a few of my friends were ripped off by Dreamwave as well.
    I'm not against making fun of Pat Lee at all. I don't think it can ever be done enough. In fact, I was doing it before it was even popular:

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    (after reading an interview with Pat Lee on March the 3rd, 2001 at 6:00 pm - one whole year before Dreamwave had even published any Transformers comics):

Yeah, I like the bit where when asked:

"Do you see anything shady in the way that Transformers comics and
    cartoons were created in the past, as a vehicle to sell the toys?", Mr. Lee
    replies: "Well the cartoon was amazing, it was only a matter
    of time before the toys were made."

Surely nobody wants this man to have any power over Transformers
    continuity?

Sky Shadow.

Here's the preview to #15. Just these first five pages are some of the best Transformers sequential art I've read in years. Nick Roche is a legend - this stuff feels like Furman's old work and gives me the same level of happiness. He's a genius and this is just him cleaning up other people's messes - imagine what he could do if he were given more control of the franchise. Roche should be given free reign over the G1 title. http://www.bzzurkk.com/2009/09/trans...on-15-preview/

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Here's the preview to #15. Just these first five pages are some of the best Transformers sequential art I've read in years. Nick Roche is a legend - this stuff feels like Furman's old work and gives me the same level of happiness. He's a genius and this is just him cleaning up other people's messes - imagine what he could do if he were given more control of the franchise. Roche should be given free reign over the G1 title. http://www.bzzurkk.com/2009/09/trans...on-15-preview/
    THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!

You are right, its certainly has a refined Marvel UK feel to it. I also love how they are concentrating on character and dialog rather than several flashy but speech bubbleless panels to tell the story. I find that gives much more atmosphere and immersion than just cool but confusing muted art.

*SPOILERS!!*

I am very much looking forward to this but I would like more explanation on how exactly they used the Pretender process to fix Kup - I know this is explained by Prowl in the last panel of the second last page but the Sci-Fi nerd in me wants to know more.

BTW just the concept of having used it to fix Kup is super awesome and clever in its own right.
    Last edited by kup; 12th September 2009 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Are you the same Jhi that didn't let me make fun of McCarthy on the wiki?
    Yes I am. I'm also the same Jhi who wrote this:
    http://boltax.deviantart.com/art/Col...Page-111563695

As I remember it, the actual issue I had was with you pretending like Today Tonight were anything like a reliable source for ANYTHING... as opposed to me loving Shane.

--Jhiaxus.

Do you have a part 2?

I'm not sure which is better but both that AHM 15 preview and Jhiaxus comic are now competing to be my most favourte AHM comic ever.

Wahahaha, that AHM parody was awesome Jhiaxus!

I don't think anyone should be made fun of on a wiki. I'm not saying that McCarthy shouldn't be mocked but I don't think a wiki is the appropriate place for it. I prefer wikis to be impartial in tone/presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaixus
    As I remember it, the actual issue I had was with you pretending like Today Tonight were anything like a reliable source for ANYTHING... as opposed to me loving Shane.
    On a Sydney morning radio station last week someone called in and said that he and his partner have recently started having more intellectually stimulating conversations with each other by watching A Current Affair or Today Tonight. The radio hosts all laughed at him, and later on another caller laughed at him too.