Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: All Hail Megatron Coda #13 to #16

Default Kup, the Manchurian Candidate

I have a question. I only read up to issue 4 of AHM, was Kup portrayed with traits that Prowl had implanted in Kup's mind?

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I have a question. I only read up to issue 4 of AHM, was Kup portrayed with traits that Prowl had implanted in Kup's mind?
    Supposedly (retroactively speaking) Kup has those implanted subroutines in his head but we don't know if Prowl's subroutines are influencing his actions during AHM 1-12 or not.

Personally, I think that Prowl's subroutines have not been made active as of yet as Kup was not acting 'Prowl like' during AHM issues 1-12. It's possible that given the Autobot's near defeat during AHM, Prowl placed his agenda on hold until the Autobots get an upper hand or simply lost the means to activate them while exiled on Cybertron.

Yes its hard to tell because Prowl became a complete wuss in AHM 1-10.

Overall though Kup seemed to display decent leadership skills in AHM, so its hard to say I reckon. At least if Prowls subroutines were working that would explain why Prowl backed down from his command so apparently willingly.

i was very surprised by this issue, it felt lengthy compared to the other IDW tf comics.

Art for Kups story is still that crap cartoony art from Max dinos

I totally inspired the cygar story, last time i spoke to Mr McCarthy i suggested spotlight Kups cigar. Wheres my cut idw?

So we have YOU to blame for that forced "Cy-Gar" device? Remind me to slap you!

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy
    was Kup portrayed with traits that Prowl had implanted in Kup's mind?
    ...not that I've noticed. :/

Okay, here's what I still don't quite get... how is Kup a Pretender?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think it's more that his body is a Pretender shell. He's kind of like Thunderwing if you only read the US issues of the Marvel comics: he has a super-powerful, transforming Pretender body even though it's not clear that there's any trace of a smaller robot inside.

As I understood it since it was made clear that there is no 'innerbot' - Kup's spark and brain have been interfaced with his new body in a similar way that the inner bot would interface with a Pretender shell.

So If you break Kup open you will not see an inner bot but his severely damaged positronic brain and spark chamber interfaced with his new body's (shell) electronic brain which compensates for the damage making Kup 'normal' again.

He now has a regular Transformer body but his brain (and spark) is plugged into it using Pretender technology rather than how it would be by conventional means.
    Last edited by kup; 26th September 2009 at 11:43 PM.

So basically his "body" is really a Mega Pretender shell with what little they could salvage from Kup housed inside. Man... Kup would freak if say a hole was ever blasted through his chest and he peeked inside to see remnants of his original cerebral cortex strapped inside! They should make a toy of this for Universe but a revamped Brainmaster gimmick (after all we had Universe Cyclonus as a Targetmaster); the small "brain" unit could represent the original Kup with the main body being the "Pretender shell."

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    He's kind of like Thunderwing if you only read the US issues of the Marvel comics: he has a super-powerful, transforming Pretender body even though it's not clear that there's any trace of a smaller robot inside.
    The US comics did reveal Thunderwing's nature as a Pretender with an inner robot during the Matrix Quest. Although we never saw Thunderwing's robot form, he did mention that he was a Pretender and thus had first hand knowledge of the relationship between a Pretender robot and his shell (which he exploited to incapacitate Bumblebee).

The UK comics also briefly showed the inner bot:

The US comics did reveal Thunderwing's nature as a Pretender with an inner robot during the Matrix Quest. Although we never saw Thunderwing's robot form, he did mention that he was a Pretender and thus had first hand knowledge of the relationship between a Pretender robot and his shell (which he exploited to incapacitate Bumblebee).
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The UK comics also briefly showed the inner bot:

Yes, I know both those facts thanks guys, that's why I said Kup's "kind of like Thunderwing if you only read the US issues of the Marvel comics". My point was, that if US readers could accept that Thunderwing was a transforming Pretender who never showed an/his inner bot, there's no reason why current IDW readers shouldn't be able to accept that Kup can exist along similar lines.