Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: All Hail Megatron Coda #13 to #16

I understand what you mean but still, Thuderwing was a Pretender with an innerbot in both UK and US even if we never saw it in the former but it was clearly established in dialogue that it exists. Kup on the other hand does not have an inner bot and what makes him a Pretender is not a never to be seen inner bot but a Pretender tech based neural interface that connects his damage 'old' brain to the 'new' one of his body making it 'whole' again.

Yeah with Kup just as Marvel US Thunderwing, we will not get to see an inner bot but the difference here is that Thunderwing was established to have an inner bot and Kup has been established that he doesn't - The 'shell' is his only body so readers should be fine accepting it as he is a regular transformer like any other only that his brain uses pretender tech.

I also have to remember that although the concept is pretty cool, we would likely not hear of it again as its only purpose was to fix McCarthy's continuity mess up. We will see the Prowl side of this subplot but I doubt that we will ever hear of the Pretender concept again as it has already served its purpose to explain Kup's miraculous recovery
    Last edited by kup; 27th September 2009 at 12:39 AM.

I think that Kup as a Mega-Pretender could've been better explained in the comic cos I was kinda confused by it. I don't have a problem with the concept of Kup being a Mega Pretender without a shown inner robot... but I think I would've benefitted if that were more explicitly explained.

Thunderwing didn't need as much exposition because the character was based on a pre-existing Mega Pretender toy meaning that the target audience (i.e.: people with a keen interest in Transformers) would be aware that Thunderwing is a Mega Pretender. After all, the G1 comics did fundamentally exist to promote the toys for Hasbro.

I hope that this is further clarified later down the track.

Interesting - the text on one of All Hail Megatron issue 15's Perceptor covers was copy-pasted from the TF Wiki's G1 Perceptor article.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

picked up the vol 2 of all hail today
    WOW!

anyhoo i understand that this is only for 13-16 but i feel more people will read my things here so whatever.

ok so i overall enjoyed it, it almost feels like a summer blockbuster, but this is comming from a 18/early adult/testosterone(dontknowhow to spell itlmao)/zomg i love explosions man.

reading through it i went through all kinds of emotions lol. like when mirages gets beaten up by ironhide(heart destroying) to the point where sunstreaker tells his tale(shock but it was leading to it kind of obviousish) then to the frightful zombiesk swarm attack(not scary just omg run like hell frightful) and all the other emotions as optimus, omega blah blah blah, i dont need to go into details im not like the reviewers on youtube lol.

anyway after reading the whole story i believe the story all up was slow at the start but from vol2 onwards it skyrockets in awesomeness, but yeah, i dont want to say anything unjust or whatever, but this is what i believe transformers 2 should have been like, or tf3 will be like.

but yeah, i hope i did spoil too much lmao

Quote Originally Posted by kuzzy View Post
    picked up the vol 2 of all hail today
    WOW!

anyhoo i understand that this is only for 13-16 but i feel more people will read my things here so whatever.

ok so i overall enjoyed it, it almost feels like a summer blockbuster, but this is comming from a 18/early adult/testosterone(dontknowhow to spell itlmao)/zomg i love explosions man.

reading through it i went through all kinds of emotions lol. like when mirages gets beaten up by ironhide(heart destroying) to the point where sunstreaker tells his tale(shock but it was leading to it kind of obviousish) then to the frightful zombiesk swarm attack(not scary just omg run like hell frightful) and all the other emotions as optimus, omega blah blah blah, i dont need to go into details im not like the reviewers on youtube lol.

anyway after reading the whole story i believe the story all up was slow at the start but from vol2 onwards it skyrockets in awesomeness, but yeah, i dont want to say anything unjust or whatever, but this is what i believe transformers 2 should have been like, or tf3 will be like.

but yeah, i hope i did spoil too much lmao
    I get the pitchforks, someone else get the torches

Quote Originally Posted by kuzzy
    anyhoo i understand that this is only for 13-16
    It is? That's news to me. Even if it is, it doesn't excuse its suckage. After all, the G1 and G2 comics were originally written for kids and they (generally) didn't suck quite as hard as AHM. For one thing they used a wider range and variety of characters other than just 1984-86!! (characters like Bludgeon and Thunderwing became stuff of legend because of the G1 comics - comics that I read and loved when I was a schoolboy)

Quote Originally Posted by kuzzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It is? That's news to me. Even if it is, it doesn't excuse its suckage. After all, the G1 and G2 comics were originally written for kids and they (generally) didn't suck quite as hard as AHM.
    Kuzzy meant that this thread is only for issues 13 to 16, not that the comics are meant for ages 13 to 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Kuzzy meant that this thread is only for issues 13 to 16, not that the comics are meant for ages 13 to 16.
    thank you sky shadow, maybe i should reword things better in the future lol

Um... I don't know exactly what this is, but I think it's making fun of Drift (so yay!):

(It's from this Deviantart page: http://stripedwine.deviantart.com/)

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's hilarious!
    I love how Drift speaks and thinks in Japlish/Engrish and the art is done in a hyperbolised manga style. Aaaah... <wipes.tear.from.eye>

"weapabilities"

TEE HEE!