Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Wars Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mach Alert View Post
    anyone seen the trailer of Book of Boba Fett? it does look cool and i am looking forward to it.
    I didn't think too much of it tbh. It just seemed like it was 2 minutes of him saying chill, let's talk this out instead of me shoving this thermal detonator where the sun don't shine.
    But I'll still give it a watch.

Dont have disney so.. disney really pumping out the star wars!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I didn't think too much of it tbh. It just seemed like it was 2 minutes of him saying chill, let's talk this out instead of me shoving this thermal detonator where the sun don't shine.
    But I'll still give it a watch.
    you are right. i suppose they are trying too hard to make him "cool". will see if they bother developing his character.

Autocon, i am hoping Disney won't overdo like they did with Marvel

To be fair to Disney and Star Wars in general; considering the amount of pure drivel that is out there on every streaming service (let alone free to air TV), having more Star Wars shows is more a positive than otherwise. The amount of interesting/ beloved characters is vast, so why not explore them beyond?

Late to the party, but just binged Clone Wars over last week or so. And, damn. I always thought Anikan was a whingy baby, but Clone Wars added way more depth as to why he started to hate the council before he turned. And Ahsoka, probably one of the best character arcs in Star Wars. A number of teary moments, season 5 ended on a great downer moment but it was brilliant. Had I been watching it from when it aired I'd probably woulda been bummed it ended there. But last 2 seasons as well, just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Late to the party, but just binged Clone Wars over last week or so. And, damn. I always thought Anikan was a whingy baby, but Clone Wars added way more depth as to why he started to hate the council before he turned. And Ahsoka, probably one of the best character arcs in Star Wars. A number of teary moments, season 5 ended on a great downer moment but it was brilliant. Had I been watching it from when it aired I'd probably woulda been bummed it ended there. But last 2 seasons as well, just awesome.
    You should try Rebels as well.

It's on the whole perhaps a shade more kiddified, but then I think people tend to overrate how gritty Clone Wars actually is because of the subject matter.

It's a decent kind of Firefly but if it was Star Wars and marketed at a younger audience.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Ahsoka Tano's character arc is really amazing. She started off as a widely disliked character by fans, but that was the whole point of it (and a massive risk on the part of the writers). In order for Ahsoka to grow, she had to start from a basic point; as a naive and arrogant character who often makes disastrous mistakes (at least one of which got her squad killed). This was deliberate because she had to learn and grow from her flaws, into becoming the really interesting character that we see by the end of the Clone Wars (and in Rebels and the Mandalorian).

It's the complete opposite of making flawless and all-powerful Mary Sue characters like Rey, whose moments are often unearned. Ahsoka goes through a long and rough ride, with her early appearances really getting on audience's nerves... but that was deliberate. She had to be a stupid twerp in the beginning so that she could grow and earn her later qualities. The Ahsoka that we see later didn't just come out of nowhere. And yes, she is jaded and disillusioned; especially as she is unfairly banished from the Jedi Order and in Rebels [spoiler] discovering that Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker [/spoiler]. I also really liked her line in the Mandalorian where she [spoiler] tells Luke that he's so much like his father. It was a sweet moment where Ahsoka is fondly reminded of who Anakin was; before he became Darth Vader, and sharing that feeling with Luke who never knew the real Anakin (but also never lost faith in him). [/spoiler]

Ahsoka Tano is the opposite of what Rey Palpatine-Skywalker is. Both are powerful Jedi, but Ahsoka earned her qualities. It makes her a fleshed out and believable character. She's awesome because of who she is - what she has seen and knows. Not because she can do an acrobatic backflip while slicing an incoming TIE Fighter.