Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Milestones

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Default Milestones

Well with the acquisition of this special guy from jgon (thanks) about a week ago I've realised that I've reached a milestone and completed the goal of my collection for this year (which was stated in the 2007 wrap started by Griffin nearly a year ago).
    That was to get all Tf's up to and including 1986. Although I am cheating in that I count my first (of two) Ruinations as Bruticus and I don't have mailaway Cardasher. But hell...close enough is good enough for me.

Congrats DD!! so whats next year goal then?

I have been after that guy!

Anyway after I got Fort Max and all the effort associated with him, no milestone has been able to match in significance.

Now I just collect and go after Holy grails. The latest Holy Grail for me is Carnivac.

Congratz on reaching you milestone BTW

My G1 1984-86 collection is only complete in terms of cartoon characters.
    My main priority from this era would be the Deluxe Insecticons. Second priority from that would be the Mini-Spies. I'd like to get Time Warrior but I doubt I'd ever find it for a price that I'd be willing to pay (so I'll have to work on convincing griffin to give me his <jedi.mind.trick>).

Other stuff from that era that I don't have but are low priority for me would be:
    + Mini-Spies
    + My First Transformer (car)

...and there's some other stuff from that era that I don't really care about, like Latin-American Transformers, Tyco cars etc. Meh.

My current holy grail is finding an Animated Blitzwing that doesn't have either a busted wing-peg or brittle canopy tabs. I'm on my fourth Animated Blitzwing toy so far after refunding/exchange 3 previous ones because of those defects.

I've hit my 2008 milestone goal of The Games of Deception box set.

May 2009 bring me LioKaiser!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My current holy grail is finding an Animated Blitzwing that doesn't have either a busted wing-peg or brittle canopy tabs. I'm on my fourth Animated Blitzwing toy so far after refunding/exchange 3 previous ones because of those defects.
    Even a non-busted one isn't worth the effort you've been going to!

I agree... if this one turns out to have weak canopy tabs then I effing give up. I'll just never transform it fully into tank mode. *massively.deep.sigh* (-_-)

TheDirtyDigger Guest

My Fort Max was more of an accomplishment (OMFG thanks again jgon!!!) and grail than a milestone as such.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Congrats DD!! so whats next year goal then?
    2009 goal is to complete 1987. Sure I'm 22 years behind schedule but like my wife says of her cycle, 'better late than never'.

25 to go and looking optimistic from the start.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDigger; 5th December 2008 at 09:17 PM.

When i first started collecting binaltech were the coolest TFs!!! I was lucky to find a $26 Alternator Smokescreen which is my favourite transformers
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    When i first started collecting binaltech were the coolest TFs!!! I was lucky to find a $26 Alternator Smokescreen which is my favourite transformers
    That's uhhhhhh....that's great Bread.
    Totally irrelevant to the topic but still.....very interesting.