Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New iGear Mini MP Optimus

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    This thing is being sold and distributed from within mainland China. It will be very hard for Hasbro to do much about that.
    heh, it's good to look at now, wait til it gets colored in those ridiulous color mix just like them fake BTs. Mixmatched colors, too bright, too dull would make or break this figure....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

These iGear people make me . They're also releasing (or have released, I don't keep track of this stuff) a Masterpiece Prime-sized Optimus Prime trailer and a crown for Masterpiece Grimlock: hmm... items that sound vaguely familiar for some reason. They're bootleggers and yet for some reason they regularly get in the newsfeed at TFW2005 and praised on the boards as if they're not the knockoff merchants they are.

They're just asking for trouble, and will get Hasbro to bring the hammer down on the actual fan kit makers.

Their products have no real creativity. And there have been rumours they were the ones who've been KO-ing the works of other fan kit makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    They're just asking for trouble, and will get Hasbro to bring the hammer down on the actual fan kit makers.

Their products have no real creativity. And there have been rumours they were the ones who've been KO-ing the works of other fan kit makers.
    It is way way way too far...

This explosion of 'fan' crap is crazy even if it is an original concept it is getting less and less cool with me...

Look at the front page of robot kingdom, it is almost all that type of stuff.

I did get some addons for my MP's but it basically went right back in the box...

I think I'd rather keep my money to buy real transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    These iGear people make me . They're also releasing (or have released, I don't keep track of this stuff) a Masterpiece Prime-sized Optimus Prime trailer and a crown for Masterpiece Grimlock: hmm... items that sound vaguely familiar for some reason. They're bootleggers and yet for some reason they regularly get in the newsfeed at TFW2005 and praised on the boards as if they're not the knockoff merchants they are.
    I don't consider the crown as a KO. It is an accessory set for people who bought the original release - The business they would take from the comic version is negligible as nobody in their right mind would buy the whole expensive toy again only for the crown.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    nobody in their right mind would buy the whole expensive toy again only for the crown.
    I would.

Oh, nobody in their right mind. I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I would.

Oh, nobody in their right mind. I see.
    Come on - You must be buying it for more

I want it for the whole awesome comic tribute - If it was just the crown I would only get the fan kit since I already have the original release.

Are you actually getting King Grimlock? Because if you are getting it just for the crown while aware of the fan kit then the existence of the kit doesn't affect your purchase to TakTom at all.

as nobody in their right mind would buy the whole expensive toy again only for the crown.
    Does this mean that you would find it acceptable to buy a KO of G1 Prowl if you already had G1 Bluestreak? I mean, who in their right mind would buy the whole expensive toy again just for a paint job, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Does this mean that you would find it acceptable to buy a KO of G1 Prowl if you already had G1 Bluestreak? I mean, who in their right mind would buy the whole expensive toy again just for a paint job, right?
    What? We are talking about buying custom accessories in regards to the Grimlock crown not full complete figures as well as an expensive release that came out without said accessory despite prototype pics.

Your G1 Prowl comparison is apple and oranges unless you mean it to be a parallel with this Mini MP Prime rather than MP Grimlock. Also Prowl and Bluestreak are two separate characters.
    Last edited by kup; 20th August 2009 at 10:05 AM.

Chill guys.

I don't consider the crown as a KO. It is an accessory set for people who bought the original release - The business they would take from the comic version is negligible as nobody in their right mind would buy the whole expensive toy again only for the crown.
    I agree with kup that I would not buy the whole expensive toy again only for the crown.

Maybe "nobody in their right mind" is too strong... but then again I don't consider myself sane.

For this particular toy, I would not buy it for the new paint job or new packaging either... I AM going to buy it just because I am a MP series completist...
    Last edited by Kyle; 20th August 2009 at 10:34 AM.