Thread: Universe Classics Dreadwing

Default Universe Classics Dreadwing

For some reason I kept thinking about how Universe Darkwing (Darkwind ) is out of scale with Botcon Dreadwind.

However then I started thinking - Could they combine?

This is the result using Universe Silvebolt (same mold):

The sounds still work by pushing the top red button and they lock sufficiently well to lift up and move around!

Not bad at all! I am now very tempted to get the proper Universe Darkwing! But not at the TrU rip off price
    Last edited by kup; 24th November 2009 at 12:42 PM.

Changed the canon configuration a bit in order to simulate the G1 'back fin' with the larger gun and also to add more Symetry:

Last edited by kup; 24th November 2009 at 12:43 PM.

Thanks Kup! I've had these TFs for so long and never bothered to try this. Probably because most other combinations I've seen of these two (whilst similar) just don't look as good as this one. Is it fairly stable?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Thanks!

It's stable enough to pick up and even play a bit but don't be too rough on it and hold it from the bottom. Dreadwind is most of the bottom base as well as the landing gears and his legs somewhat 'cradle' Darkwing/Silverbolt in place. The top bit locks in place by sliding the back bit of the movable back plate (where the rocket boosters attach) into the gap formed at the front when you fold back Silverbolt/Darkwing's nose and cockpit. The rocket pack's boosters also help to keep the assembly in place by fitting between the folded cockpit and body of Darkwing.

If you do it right it will lock in place well enough so that it doesn't fall apart by someone just looking at it.
    Last edited by kup; 17th August 2009 at 11:46 PM.

Sweet idea Kup! sigh Ive got none of those 2 universe gfigs though, so ill just be content with the g1s. get Dreadwind when he goes on sale, TRU will still surely sell him years after as he is a shelfwarmer much like yellow Mudflap aka "Renegade Erector"
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

If a Darkwind sale happens, please let me know. Hopefully my then retirement pension will be enough for me to afford it