Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores selling Transformers in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    How long is it that you are going for?
    We're going for about a month mid december to mid-late jan

Urrrgggghhh I NEED MONEY!!!!!!
    i've got a little over $1000 saved so far which is only about 1/6 of the total trip cost (and that's without counting spending money)
    with April coming to an end that only gives me 7 months to earn the other $5000 plus spending money
    wish me luck everyone, I'm gonna need it (sigh)

oh and if anyone cares about my little Friend A Friend B Friend C problem i was having a while ago, it seems to have all fizzeled down to nothing, Friend C doesnt think he'll be able to go now, Friend B is now going in september so it's back to just me and friend A going in december (i hope)

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    i've got a little over $1000 saved so far which is only about 1/6 of the total trip cost (and that's without counting spending money)
    with April coming to an end that only gives me 7 months to earn the other $5000 plus spending money

oh and if anyone cares about my little Friend A Friend B Friend C problem i was having a while ago, it seems to have all fizzeled down to nothing, Friend C doesnt think he'll be able to go now, Friend B is now going in september so it's back to just me and friend A going in december (i hope)
    Look on the bright side, at least you don't need to accomodate for everyone else's needs

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post

My trip is almost a month away, and my friend is only hanging around for half of it. But as Saintly said, on the plus side the less people the less you have to accomodate, so you can spend even more time shopping etc, or going where you please. When I went to Japan on a tour, I always snuck of in the afternoon or evenings so I could explore at my own pace, and check out anything that caught my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Roppongi is Tokyo's red light district if your perv friend wants to... ya know.
    I thought that was in Kabukicho, which also happens to be near where I'm staying, but for the convenience of Shinjuku station rather than any perverted reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I thought that was in Kabukicho, which also happens to be near where I'm staying, but for the convenience of Shinjuku station rather than any perverted reason.
    So you claim.... hehehehe
    Are there like backpackers accomodation in Japan? Coz from the sounds of it, its kinda expensive living there just for a few weeks holiday ( excluding the toybuying of course)
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

living in Japan is expensive period.

1000JPY for 1kg of rice?!? Gah!! Transformers are cheaper though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    Look on the bright side, at least you don't need to accomodate for everyone else's needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    My trip is almost a month away, and my friend is only hanging around for half of it. But as Saintly said, on the plus side the less people the less you have to accomodate, so you can spend even more time shopping etc, or going where you please. When I went to Japan on a tour, I always snuck of in the afternoon or evenings so I could explore at my own pace, and check out anything that caught my interest.

Yeah, to be honest I'm kinda glad those 2 arent coming since now my friend and I can do more of the stuff we want to do and we dont have to do the things they wanted to do.
    but we've had to recalculate hotel costs for 2 people instead of 3 (and in one case we had to find a new hotel since there were no 2 person rooms available for when we wanted to stay there)

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    So you claim.... hehehehe
    Are there like backpackers accomodation in Japan? Coz from the sounds of it, its kinda expensive living there just for a few weeks holiday ( excluding the toybuying of course)
    There is I believe, There are also guest houses (shared accomidation) In my case though I'm renting a tiny apartment through Sakura house, so I don't have to share and can use it as a home base and to store toys maybe.
    The rent is ok, no more than here and it's 15 minutes from one of the hearts of town (Tokyo has many).

It is quite exspensive, although he we live in Sydney so were already halfway there. If you go where the locals go, it can be not too bad though, last time I paid less eating out than I would here,transport was cheaper too, if anything toys are the most exspensive part. Ofcourse it varies too, and lots of places charge hideous prices for simple services. Don't go to any restaraunt that the hotel reccomends, they always send you to exspensive fancy places that cost a fortune.
    Last edited by Lord_Zed; 30th April 2010 at 01:58 PM.

Impulse holiday! Going to Japan in July, touring Tokyo->Osaka in 20 or so days

I'm gonna test drive some of the tips on this thread Firestorm and hopefully add some more when I return.

Awesome, I hope you have fun over there, and i look forward to your report when you get back