Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores selling Transformers in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've never been to Hero Gangu, but I've seen their ads in magazines... their G1 stuff looks f'expensive (O_O)
    It is, however you can find some of the newer Japanese stuff at reasonable prices, Japanese Beast Wars, Car Robots etc. I picked up a second hand Henkei Jetfire for a bargain, and a second hand Rodimus for Kup at a reasonable price given the current desire for that toy.

I far prefer Jungle as mentioned above.

Two things to note all their stock is second hand and they do Duty free.

As for Astro Zombie it had an impressive selection of American exclusive toys, but not cheap.

If it wasn't for the toys I'd find Osaka overrated as a tourist destination. Kyoto and Hiroshima are much nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    It is, however you can find some of the newer Japanese stuff at reasonable prices, Japanese Beast Wars, Car Robots etc. I picked up a second hand Henkei Jetfire for a bargain, and a second hand Rodimus for Kup at a reasonable price given the current desire for that toy.

I far prefer Jungle as mentioned above.

Two things to note all their stock is second hand and they do Duty free.

As for Astro Zombie it had an impressive selection of American exclusive toys, but not cheap.

If it wasn't for the toys I'd find Osaka overrated as a tourist destination. Kyoto and Hiroshima are much nicer.
    I concur with Zed, except for Kyoto. That place was a hellhole for me
    I think I spent an appropriate amount of time in Osaka. Although I didn't do it myself, I hear its a really good base to visit other destinations from (Kobe, Himeji, Kyoto etc)

I forgot to mention for Osaka nightlife I recommend going to the Kama Sutra bar (it's mentioned in wikitravel). It's a little tricksy to find so I suggest doing serious homework beforehand. I went there on a Tuesday night of all nights and had a rockin time. Just dont go too early as its very quiet, but not too late either as the place is cosy to say the least so you may not get a seat.

I really enjoyed Kyoto for the historical stuff. Lost my camera there though. Nara is also really nice and not far away. Never been to Hiroshima though -- but I've heard it's the bomb (awkward silence ). Friday was No More Hiroshima day and tomorrow is the anniversary of the Nagasaki bombing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Breakdown of Osaka.
    Very Informative, thanks Lint

Now I know some very cool places to check out while we're in Osaka

I forgot to mention for Osaka nightlife I recommend going to the Kama Sutra bar (it's mentioned in wikitravel). It's a little tricksy to find so I suggest doing serious homework beforehand. I went there on a Tuesday night of all nights and had a rockin time. Just dont go too early as its very quiet, but not too late either as the place is cosy to say the least so you may not get a seat.

What is the legal drinking age for Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    What is the legal drinking age for Japan?
    According to Wiki, it's 20.

Yay just booked for a 2 week trip to Japan next March, we are hoping to hit Tokyo, Kyoto & Osaka

Default Toyama Japan

I will be going to Toyama for work in Sept - just wondering if anyone knows of any place there good for toy shopping (TF in particular)?

I concur with Zed, except for Kyoto. That place was a hellhole for me
    I think I spent an appropriate amount of time in Osaka. Although I didn't do it myself, I hear its a really good base to visit other destinations from (Kobe, Himeji, Kyoto etc)
    I used to dislike Kyoto too, due to the crowds of toursists, but then I went back there on a Tuesday and it was awesome, ofcourse the fact that we got the most lavish hotel room on our trip for the cheapest cost helped too. I thefore now think Kyoto is a nice place if you can avoid the tourist season otherwise it's no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I used to dislike Kyoto too, due to the crowds of toursists, but then I went back there on a Tuesday and it was awesome, ofcourse the fact that we got the most lavish hotel room on our trip for the cheapest cost helped too. I thefore now think Kyoto is a nice place if you can avoid the tourist season otherwise it's no fun.
    What hotel did you stay at there? My GF & I are planning for a couple of days there but during the week