Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores selling Transformers in Japan

hi guys thread dig-up as i'm in japan and some insight into places mentioned previously!

Ikebukuro: 2 department stores had almost nothing, 2 items (demolisher and something else)
    Kiddyland Harajuku: Decent stock of everything but way over-priced compared to what else I saw
    Yobodashi-Aki (level 6): Overpriced
    Random stores in akihabara: Well priced, will pickup buster prime for about 6200 YEN, MP Thundercracker for 6100 and some other bits and pieces in the coming week!

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    hi guys thread dig-up as i'm in japan and some insight into places mentioned previously!

Ikebukuro: 2 department stores had almost nothing, 2 items (demolisher and something else)
    Kiddyland Harajuku: Decent stock of everything but way over-priced compared to what else I saw
    Yobodashi-Aki (level 6): Overpriced
    Random stores in akihabara: Well priced, will pickup buster prime for about 6200 YEN, MP Thundercracker for 6100 and some other bits and pieces in the coming week!
    Are there any sightings of G1 stuff , loose or otherwise? Just curious...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Jetfire, k.wong23,

I'm visiting Tokyo during the first week of the new year. Is there any places that you can recommend that I should go to check out Transformers, based on your trip there?

Any tips would be great and much appreciated.

My post earlier in this thread has got you covered!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Try this link if you go past Akihabara, and i recommend you do!

Most figure/hobby stores have at least a few TFs, but the best ones to visit are:
    Yodobashi Camera.. i think it was 6th floor; Movie TF's, Encore's and Henkei.
    Radio Kaikan.. this is a building housing heaps of smaller stores on different levels; all together, you could probably find most recent Japanese TF's and a few older ones.
    Liberty Store #7.. must-visit store, 1st floor has got about 6 glass cabinets of TF's, mostly used, from all era's and a giant 1.5m Optimus statue!
    Mandarake... ABSOLUTE must have if you're into G1, 2 full rows of glass cabinets, TF's from all era's, about 50% of it is Japanese G1. Make sure your wallet is prepared, though just seeing it is fun itself It's on the top floor, but only the right hand elevator gets to the top floor!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Are there any sightings of G1 stuff , loose or otherwise? Just curious...
    liege, yeh i'd say theres actually a fair amount of G1 scattered across different stores in akihabara, but ye it is priced the same as ebay it would appear, sometimes slightly more?

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Jetfire, k.wong23,

I'm visiting Tokyo during the first week of the new year. Is there any places that you can recommend that I should go to check out Transformers, based on your trip there?

Any tips would be great and much appreciated.

like kurdt mentioned, you should have a look at his map of Akihabara. I'll mention that you should visit the area on kurdt's map where "GAMERS" shop is. Be sure to explore all the levels around there

Mandarake is also worth looking at on that map.

If you get a chance, have a visit of TOYS R US sometime, they have beast wars, encore, alternity and various others e.g ROTF and have certain items on clearance. The only one I actually went to was in Odaiba, but Odaiba itself is great for sightseeing/shopping!

Hope that helps, if you have any other questions shoot!

I'd say print out that map, and possibly pictures of the storefronts will help you out. All the cool TF stuff in Akihabara is in walking distance. And try the back alley shops not mentioned on the map, I found a bunch of cheap henkei not neccessarrily from toy shops, more like Red Dot Akihabara or Crazy Akiba's.

I may be back there in January myself.

Thanks Jetfire, kurdt, k.wong, for all the kind responses.

This is mostly going to be a sashimi, good coffee, good chocolates and sightseeing trip with my wife (with a day of Tokyo Disneyland thrown in, heh).

I'll squeeze in some TF time if I can but I know what you guys mean when you say the prices are like eBay and sometimes more. I think I certainly have more places that I can cover given the limited time I'll be there.

Jetfire, when will you be there? I'm going from 1 Jan to 10 Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post

Jetfire, when will you be there? I'm going from 1 Jan to 10 Jan.
    Not sure yet. Tentatively January atm. I went there is September for 2 weeks to train people in the software I work with. They have asked me back in Jan for 3 weeks.. might happen, might not but their asking for quotes so it is looking more likely. No dates confirmed.

keep me posted mate!