Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores selling Transformers in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    hahahahaa u saw my photos..what do you think
    where? I wanna see....

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    where? I wanna see....
    In his Facebook account , tons of photos some very interesting places he hanged out in
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    In his Facebook account , tons of photos some very interesting places he hanged out in
    oh, guess that's why. I don't have you guys' facebook contacts... heh.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    oh, guess that's why. I don't have you guys' facebook contacts... heh.
    whats yours

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    whats yours
    heroic_decepticon@yahoo.com.sg

please add me (and leave a quick message with you useID so I know who you are and don't reject)

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Lord Zed should post an extensive walkthrough of what/where he's been since he's saying he found cheap finds and what not, would help a lot not just Firestorm here, but those planning sometime to go there.

You mustve gone to the expensive places Icy. I like the beer place you went to though not that I drink beer, but its a curio place for me.
    I'll see what I can do when I get back. A lot of the main shops charge like a wounded bull, or are the same as here. There are a few hidden away that were doing 1088 yen Deluxes and the like on ROTF stuff, even found some cheap Binaltechs. There more likely clearance sales of older toys, as I haven't seen any really cheap Animated yet, though Voyagers are still better priced than OZ.

In the non Toy area been to some cool places, including two rather awesome bars, and as someone who seldom drinks thats high praise. I went to Kagaya the maddest bar in Tokyo on Friday. Behind me is the bartender.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I guess I have an update for my Japan Trip too, I have now purchased my ticket, i will be flying out on the 17th of December 2010 from Melbourne to Tokyo (via Gold Coast) and will be returning on the 22nd of Janruary 2011 From Osaka to Melbourne (Via Cairns)
    After buying my ticket my savings for Japan have gone down to $2100 and i still need to find hotels and pay for my Rail pass...
    I'm taking the same flight route, bar that I actually return to Melbourne from Osaka via gold coast as well. I hope the Jetstar flight is worth the $300 saved from not going with a major carrier.

My advice with hotels is to thoroughly shop around. I found that every day I searched I found a better deal than with the previous day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

In the non Toy area been to some cool places, including two rather awesome bars, and as someone who seldom drinks thats high praise. I went to Kagaya the maddest bar in Tokyo on Friday. Behind me is the bartender.
    Admittedly I haven't done nearly as much research on nightspots than I have on toygawking. Any more suggestions on cool places to hang out Lord Zed?

how long are you staying for? you could order some revoltech assembleborg there :P (i want the new green one)

Well traveled around a couple places in Japan now. Went to the Silver Pavilion in Kyoto, (I've already been to the much more famous gold one). Also went to Hirsohima and Miwa Jima. Stayed in a traditional Japanese Ryokan on Miya Jima and walked down a mountain rather cool.

Just some tips for those travelling to Japan in the future. On the toy front the back srtreets of Akihabara, and Den Den town are still the best places I've found for toys, yes there are some high prices out there, but those who hunt should find bargains. Also Mandarake secondhand stores are also a good place to find bargains, it's all mostly second hand, but its all still packaged.

On the non toy front I've found food in Japan can be quite cheap, as little 540 yen could get you a decent meal like the Katsudon + 100 yen for a salad I had tonight. On the other hand there are some quite fancy pricey meals too. but there easy to avoid. Eat where the working class does if you need to save yen.

Also accommodation so far has been quite cheap around 6000-7000 Yen each a night on average for a quite decent hotel, the one we stayed in at Kyoto was the most impressive bargain, the New Miyako I recommend it right near the station. The Ryokan was more but it was worth it. Entry fees also very cheap, castles, shrines usually set you back around 500-1000 yen on average. Going to the super Aquarium at Osaka tomorrow, probably one of the priciest entry fees I've encountered at 2000 yen, but thats nothing compared to OZ.

On the way to Hiroshima I noticed some cranes (not the bird) around Himeji Castle. Apparently its undergoing major restoration work which will not be fully completed till 2015 or so. So you may want to reconsider visiting there, parts of it will be closed of till 2011 at least I didn't end up going went to the Kure Yamoto ( the ship not the toy company) museum in Kure instead, quite cool. As an alternative to Himeji Castle I recomend Matsumoto Castle I went on Monday, very nice old castle not a rebuilt one. It's not as big as Himeji but its quite pretty and can be done as a day trip from Tokyo. We also got a free quide.

Also I can't recommend Miya Jima enough, so pretty and tranquil, spend a day and night there if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Admittedly I haven't done nearly as much research on nightspots than I have on toygawking. Any more suggestions on cool places to hang out Lord Zed?
    I've just been following my friend who researched some places, or has previous experience. So far Kagaya's is a cool crazy bar, you need to book though more details when I find his business card. Zoetrope is a whiskey bar in Shinjuku which has a scifi movie theme, trailers of scifi and fantasy films are played on a screen in the background. I've heard there is a Submarine themed bar in Shunjuku too, but I have yet to find it. All these bars are small affairs literally run singlehandedly or near abouts.

I also went to the lock up restaurant, a themed restaurant where the sexily dressed warden leads you in handcuffs to a booth styled like a prison cell. There's some crazy food, and the drinks are strange colours and served in beakers and testubes.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    how long are you staying for? you could order some revoltech assembleborg there :P (i want the new green one)
    If I see one, can't promise atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    If I see one, can't promise atm.
    hah no, i didnt mean for me. and im not sure if you'll see any, as from what i know its bought from their online store and needs to be delivered to a japanese address (for example your hotel) the reason why i mentioned it is because i thought you liked revoltech toys as much as i do - and it would be cheaper to get it while you're in japan rather than through ebay at inflated prices.

im actually waiting for all of wave 3 to come out as a friend will be in japan for an exchange program and so will be able to send me all of them cheaper.

i probably should have posted the images in the revoltech thread, but im so lazy :P

but here it is for you -