Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Rangers

Weird. I thought he'd be the Gokaiger Badguy least likely to get a Figuarts figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    Weird. I thought he'd be the Gokaiger Badguy least likely to get a Figuarts figure.
    I dunno, the Gokaigers didn't really have that many substantial bad guys, just Basco, Insaan, Damarasu, Waruzu I guess, all the others were monster of the week. Jealoushitto? I'd like to see that.

I am just surprised to see these bad guys before something simpler like, Silver in Gold Mode.

As for Snetai popularity, it would seem they are far behind Kamen riders. ANd that is with Japanese kids, not American Man-children.

Sentai popularity has been going down quite a bit these days. Gokaiger had good toy sales but bad ratings. Go-busters had bad ratings and toysales. I think they hope to change it with Kyoryuger.

Either way I think we won't see many new sentai figuarts in awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Accel View Post
    Gokaiger had good toy sales but bad ratings.
    WHAAAAAT?

But that show was AWESOME!

Maybe I reveled a bit too much in the cheesiness of it all though...

it was low mostly with kids. which is understandable. the show talked about shows and plots they would have no clue about.

Super Sentai's ratings have been dropping for years. Which is a shame because I think Go-Busters is friggin' great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I dunno, the Gokaigers didn't really have that many substantial bad guys, just Basco, Insaan, Damarasu, Waruzu I guess, all the others were monster of the week. Jealoushitto? I'd like to see that.
    You forgot Barizorg! He'd make a cooler figure than Walz Gil along with the other guys you mentioned. Not that I'd buy them though.

Aren't Figuarts for the man-children (Japanese of course) though? It's not there pushed like the DX mecha or the roleplay toys.

And, what the naysayers need to remember is, if I recall, Kamen Riders ratings have also dropped. Because, you know, TV viewership is pretty much dropping world wide because of DVRs, torrents, streaming, etc.

I am so pumped for Kyoryuger though. Can't wait.

Yeah Rider ratings have dropped but still maintained its child audience levels. its mostly older fans that stopped watching. Sentai however has lost a big chunk of toy playing age viewers.

Remember Rider toy sale figures are double ..almost triple sentai sales.

BUT ANYWAY! remember with the web shop stuff it doesn't really make much different to japanese fans and bandai knows exactly how many to make. its only a pain in the arse for us due to the middleman fees and such.

We will probably see the other stuff shown at the sentai tamashi festival last year pop up soon. Akaranger hopefully will be mass and im sure Rio, Mele, Baseball mask and the boukengers will be exclusive. well Bouken Silver might be mass release but its hard to say.

Got bored so I decided to pick a pic of my Sentai Transformation Devices.

Can you identify them all?