Thread: Avatar Day

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Default Avatar Day

Well, last night James Cameron gave people all around the world a free 15 minute preview of his new epic film Avatar (to be released in December).

The details of this film are pretty amazing... Cameron has basically invented a new technique ("emotion capture") allowing a real-time virtual world. Basically it's live CGI! Literally... he can change the angles of the camera and move around a digital environment that would normally be added in post-production! I think this is unreal!!

Also, it's essentially a 3D film - but not like the old 3D that we have all seen before - it's been shot on the new Fusion Digital 3D camera (which Cameron co-invented). So, apparently, it's supposed to literally bring the screen alive...

The screenings were last night, and overall the reports seem to be positive. There was a screening at the Sydney Imax... I wish I could've gone!

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I saw some of this on TV. It did look exceptional.

Normal film trailers (not in 3-d) have been showing up in the cinemas this week, so they should be on films. We have 3 running at the moment. Looks quite cool and considering how I knew bugger all about it before, just after seeing the Trailer I was convinced I wanted to see this film

Just saw the trailer on the net.
    This movie looks like its gonna be insane to watch in 3D (not to mention in a new form of 3D viewing technology)
    Cool....I cant wait....

My boss saw a screening of this and RAVES about it! It's going to be the next big thing in cinema, and seeing as it's James Cameron... you kinda gotta believe it.
    Looking forward to this one coming out