Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBay bidder display change?

Interesting... there are some items that I was the first bidder and I can see the names of all other bidders.

However, I just did a little bid on an item that already had a bidder and accidentally am now the high bidder, but am still unable to see the names of those that bid before me....

It seems to be tied to the origin of the seller. If the item is listed specifically on ebay.com.au, the bidders are hidden.... WTF?

Likewise. O/S it's fine but is this a trial run with Australia first? Seems very odd.

Might be offtopic... but I was reading the MX yesterday... ebay has made a deal with AusPost that if an item is paid by PayPal and the item goes missing, the seller or buyer will be able to get a full refund if the seller can proof with receipt that it has been posted.

That is pretty terrible. I mean it operates the same as the existing deal that if you pay via Paypal you're covered right as long as seller has 98% + feedback?

What I want to see is some sort of protection for those who pay via bank deposit. I can see that's an easier way of getting screwed over.

I supposed EBay (errr I meant PayPal) just want to give more business to PayPal...

Bank Deposits works well for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    I supposed EBay (errr I meant PayPal) just want to give more business to PayPal...

Bank Deposits works well for me so far.
    Paypal's fine with me but for a lot of seller's it isn't. And that's what bugs me about it. I don't mind more business to Paypal but the problem is that a lot of sellers then don't offer it b/c it means they incur costs on their end.