View Poll Results: How do you play with your Transformers?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantasy play

11 8.09%
  • Fiddle play

97 71.32%
  • Don't play

24 17.65%
  • Other (please specify)

4 2.94%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you play with your Transformer toys?

Fiddle.

But I also make sounds too especially when the toy is a brand new;

CHk chk chk

or

pew pew pew.

I would invariably make some sound effects in order to provide an outlet for all that fanboy oopmh feeling you get when you hold a newly acquired toy in your hand!!

What I sometimes do now is put my daughter in the bouncinette in the TF room so she plays with her dangling baby toys while I'm on the floor playing with my Transformers making voices and pew pew noises etc. It's our shared playtime. (and I ended up building a Micromaster Autobot city at the end of it ;p)

If I had more space in my place, I'd play with the TFs more.

As things stand now, many of them are in boxes. A significant portion are in their original packaging (I know, no doubt crying out to be freed). When I make more space by tidying up the spare room, I may make those "pew pew pew" sound effects.

To those who play with their TFs - what sounds effects do you use for explosions?

I likes me a fiddle but from time to time I let some "du du du's" and "pew pew pew's" go

hehe that sounded funny when I read it back to myself

yukitora Guest

i used to get my brother to do the transforning noise... but now my partner does it. esp when playing with the kiddies. I miss my brick-sand-autobot-decpticon base!, sunstreakers lasers noises and the constent 'transform him again Glen!'. Somedays i just shuffle the toys, other times i make them storm barbies joint and bake cookies!

I play ( i mean my son plays) with my (his) transformers in front of the TV acting out the scene's as i (he) watches it.
    I have been told Im to old to play with them by son.
    so now I just fiddle. (that sounds so bad)

Sometimes I'll get out Optimus (Armada) and transform him into robot mode and back to vehicle mode, without looking at the instructions booklet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    To those who play with their TFs - what sounds effects do you use for explosions?
    ...I can't think of a way to express it in writing! Ask me at the next Sydney fan meet and I'll give you a demo.

I use different sound effects depending on the type of weaponry, explosions, environment etc., e.g. explosions in air sound different than explosions underwater. I'll lower the tone of the sounds too if I'm doing slow-mo bullet time, which often happens say if shots are being fired or explosions going off while a character is transforming (because I just can't transform a toy quick enough so time "slows down" sometimes for characters to transform ). So I'll use different sounds for different kinds of energy weapons (e.g.: laser blasts, energy pulses, sonic weapons etc.) or ballistic weapons (e.g.: automatic guns, cannons etc.) - I'll even make "tnktnktnktnktnktnk" sounds of spent shells falling onto the ground if a character is using something like a chain gun.

I obviously modify voices if they're under certain circumstances, e.g. being hit, torn apart, on fire etc. I also like experimenting with different voices, accents etc. with characters who've never appeared in a cartoon or movie.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 26th August 2009 at 03:31 PM.

I'm a pure fiddler =oP

At my age, I am certain the family would ship me off to a special hospital if I were to do the pews, zaps and kablaaams etc. But as a fiddler, I get the enjoyment I need from my collection, as I like to figure out cool poses for them and transform them occasionally because it just fascinates me how some of them change back and forth =o) On the subject of soundfx though, when Target had their big toy sale that started at midnight, I was bored and couldn't sleep, so I went down there around 1am, got Leader Prime plus a couple of others, went home, opened Prime and began trandforming him... My wife and son were asleep during this, and can you guess how many times he said "I am Optimus Prime!" while I struggled to understand the vague instructions? Alot! I'm amazed I didn't get divorce threats =oP

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

I mostly Fiddle play now, just have a couple of Tfs on the coffee table and play whilst watching TV. If I see a slow day at work, and don't have much else planned, I like to take photos of my tfs in dynamic poses/macro shots on details etc etc.

Had a bit of an Action PLay when my Encore Omega Supreme arrived. Animated Autobots had to defend him from an attack from Blacarachnia! I did a few noises but Mrs Convoy looked like she was going to run away. It was her turn to cook dinner, so I thought it wise to stop.

Last time I had a really good play must have been about 5-6 years ago. No-one home, and I had just recovered from pulling my newly arrived RID (Korean version) from his box. Why recovered you ask? SO many damn twist ties! It was a nightmare and at that time, I didn't have any wire clippers. I am pretty certain it took me an hour to get him outta the box along. Once I had him out though.....
    WOW was my first thought. Transformy into base mode and Needlenose had appeared for some socuting. Luckily the Minibots were inside Fort Max having a cup of tea and wondered what the noise was all about. Well things just escalated from there.

Much Pew pew and poor emulations of the laser noise from the cartoon. Along with a bit of chk chkbzzt chk. Although I prefer the Japanese verion of "Ki go ka go" depending on situation and size of robot...

Er right, I think I just proved that I can easily fall to my younger side there, I will be going now to do some adult stuff.... Although I haven't opened my encore cassettes yet....