Page 314 of 710 FirstFirst ... 294304309310311312313314315316317318319324334 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 7096

Thread: Interesting, rare and sometimes cheap ebay items.

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    @VP: atleast your mum didn't dress you up like boygeorge for a fancydress school fete in 83'!

leggings, baggy pants, black hat with platted long hair, fingerless gloves, makeup..... the full deal!

worst bit is.... i thought i looked awesome!!! well i was only 5....lol

janda
    That probably explains this

^ lmao....

touche' my good sir......touche'

janda

No idea how rare this is, but based on how high the bidding has reached with 3+ days to go - it must be something special.

For you G1 lovers, MIB VSZ Sunstreaker Skids & Buzzsaw Giftset

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    No idea how rare this is, but based on how high the bidding has reached with 3+ days to go - it must be something special.

That is one of the early year G1 ultra rare giftsets - VSZ (it's the third VS release after VSX and VSY; and with Goodbye Convoy and Megatron giftsets, one of the rare early Japanese G1 giftsets (not counting any combiner type giftsets which are a lot less rare)).

By Japan standards, the VSZ is by far the rarest giftset (of the VS series), because it contains 3 toys that were never released in regular retail at that time. So the only way a Japanese boy/ girl/ collector could get any one of these toys is to get the VSZ giftset.

The one that the seller has for sale is in very good condition (too bad that the Buzzsaw/Skids weapons has been cut from the sprue, its one of the very few ways you can tell that the Buzzsaw/Skids parts you are getting originally came with the set; there should be 2 sprues)

Usually VS giftsets are sold with-very-tattered-boxes (for reasons not known to me). I came across 3 of these in Japan and the asking price is on the region of 90,000Yen and the condition and completness is not even as good as the set on eBay.

However, with that being said, I don't trust this seller overly much because too many of my Singapore and Malaysian friends either know of him or has had bad experiences with him. He is known to custom paint certain figures and then call them unreleased exclusives or unknown lucky draw item to cheap unwitting buyers (yes, has happened before, just check the TFW archives/threads).

Still, because his notoriety has not reached the ears of many (judging from the number of bids), I wouldn't be surprised if the set went for US$1200-1300.
    Last edited by heroic_decepticon; 15th April 2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post

Yup bidding on that........and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    <VP throws down the gauntlet>

May the best man win then!

(just kidding, no interest in it mate, despite how rare it is)

I'm not bidding you can rest assured.

By the way, did you have a hand in bidding on the 2 Dino-casettes that ended on Sunday? (same seller).

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    I'm not bidding you can rest assured.

By the way, did you have a hand in bidding on the 2 Dino-casettes that ended on Sunday? (same seller).
    No but I did watch them before they finished. One was $300 with 30 seconds to go and then suddenly its was $590+ by 10 seconds.

I don't actually want the giftset as it will go above what I can afford. Same as the Landcross set, only doing it for fun to see how long before I get outbid but as HD said it should go for about $1100 for that VSZ.

Currently I am bidding on 7 items that seller has for auction and honestly I only want the two insecticons. Also bidding on 2 Cyclonus, Landcross Giftset (outbid) and Botcon Japan Galvatron (outbid) but I am only having some fun with them and don't really want them.

No but I did watch them before they finished. One was $300 with 30 seconds to go and then suddenly its was $590+ by 10 seconds.

I don't actually want the giftset as it will go above what I can afford. Same as the Landcross set, only doing it for fun to see how long before I get outbid but as HD said it should go for about $1100 for that VSZ.

Currently I am bidding on 7 items that seller has for auction and honestly I only want the two insecticons. Also bidding on 2 Cyclonus, Landcross Giftset (outbid) and Botcon Japan Galvatron (outbid) but I am only having some fun with them and don't really want them.
    Not suprised about the price jump. This is a dodgy seller like I said before. He has been around since before 1999. It will not surprise me if he has a number of accounts that has 100+ feedbacks and is just shill bidding his auctions (purely my suspicions though).

If we think about how long eBay has been around, its actually possible for veterans to have multiple accounts and each with a lot of feedbacks, make them appear legitimate (if they bid on their own auctions). Personally, I have an account with 500+ feedbacks and another 2 with 200+ feedbacks each (I use them for different things though, one for toys, the other 2 for my other businesses which i dont want to intermingle with toys). If I wanted to (not saying that I will), I could easily shill bid and no one would suspect a thing, especially with the current eBay system of not even showing the full details of competing bidders.

Didn't know you were after a Landcross giftset... I may be convinced to part with my C9.5 box, unused and complete one.... heh. Maybe we can talk about that later, together with TF-08 and TF-09....

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Not suprised about the price jump. This is a dodgy seller like I said before. He has been around since before 1999. It will not surprise me if he has a number of accounts that has 100+ feedbacks and is just shill bidding his auctions (purely my suspicions though).
    Agree - there is a another one too that is located in china but has 'japan' in their user name. G1 takara buyers will know the one.