Page 668 of 710 FirstFirst ... 648658663664665666667668669670671672673678688 ... LastLast
Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 7096

Thread: Interesting, rare and sometimes cheap ebay items.

This is a 'Chinese' issue starscream if anyone is considering this -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-G.../131735545773?

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    This is a 'Chinese' issue starscream if anyone is considering this -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-G.../131735545773?
    Still a legit item and did see an Oz release along with Ramjet. I remember them in coles!!
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Looking at the recent auctions on eBay.com that looks to be true, however a lot of people seem to be getting around this by photoshopping the orange 'plug' onto their photos. Doesn't make sense that this guy wouldn't go that extra mile, especially considering the asking price. I know that if I'm spending 30k on a Transformer - which for the record I wouldn't, I'd want photos from every angle.
    This seller is pretty solid but they are purely a dealer, so it makes you wonder how much they got this for, where they got this and are there anymore!

While it's a very nice piece 30K is way to steep. Maybe 15 - 20. (assuming it is the only one)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Still a legit item and did see an Oz release along with Ramjet. I remember them in coles!!
    Uh I wouldn't go near them. Not legit enough for me.

Megatran Guest

^ Please expand. Pardon my ignorance. A product is either legit or it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    ^ Please expand. Pardon my ignorance. A product is either legit or it's not.
    Legit in terms it was released by Hasbro in a couple of markets in the early 90's, not legit enough for me to ever consider buying as my collecting mostly stops at 1988.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Legit in terms it was released by Hasbro in a couple of markets in the early 90's, not legit enough for me to ever consider buying as my collecting mostly stops at 1988.
    I pretty much collect G1 like this now, but the 90's gold box and G1 box reissues are legit Hasbro items, but as a G1 collector I don't touch them anymore.
    Here is a story, I spent a lot of money on a "G1" MIB Wheeljack some time ago, this was before the refund policy now in place on e-bay/paypal. All the pictures looked great and the description was very clear that it is was an original G1.
    The biggest tell for the G1 boxes that they are the 90's reissues is the "made in" sentence writing on the lower part of the back of the box, it is much shorter on the Chinese versions than the original ones, this I totally missed in the pictures of this auction because the seller had deliberately made it so the writing was just out of shot, also the stamping on the figure is different which was also omitted so this seller sold very deceptively.
    Anyway, I did get a refund but I had to pay for the return shipping costs to Europe. Live and learn. But to me despite it being a legit item, it wasn't legit in my collection.

This is a good place to learn about all this.... http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/15

The grey border on most of the boxes is either darker or thicker too. Plus the boxes just don't feel right to me, they are a bit glossy similar to KO's.

Hmm yes I do enjoy not being able to see what the hell I'm buying.